AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Called UTV customer service and asked about charges for second UTV receiver. Quickly received the response that no additional UTV charge is involved. Only the $5 DirecTV mirror charge.

His comment was that it' just like Tivo, no cost for additional units in same house.

Ed

·
Registered
477 Posts
How the heck are they selling this thing at $199 to begin with? What's the catch? Do you have to be a new subscriber? What does this say for UTV if $199 is the new base price?

Are they giving up on the market or pulling another one of their moves to crush the competition by lowering prices and getting people hooked and then raising them once the competition's dead?

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Orbit sells for this low because once you buy it they write you off. They will not exchange it if it brakes. They have terrible customer service.

I bought a Tivo from them less then three weeks ago. It broke and they will not assist, exchange or anything for you.

I had to call my Visa and dispute it. I mailed it back to them and was told by my Visa to just hold onto the postal receipt for the return. They will take care of the rest.

I would strongly advise everyone not to buy a thing from these fools!

:mad:

·
Registered
502 Posts
This is how they get away with it:

Taken from the agreement when you are checking out at Orbitsat.com:

8. Should your product be defective or stop working after you have installed it. Orbit Communication will not replace it. You will have to contact the manufacturer directly for in warranty repair or replacement. All manufacturers warranties are in full effect. Because Orbit does manufacture any product and only resell it you will have to seek help thru the regular warranty channels . If you have to send back your DIRECTV receiver please DO NOT ship the Access card keep it and insert it in the replacement unit you receive. Failure to do so will result in a chargeback.

It sucks when a retailer can take this copout...

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I could understand a 30 day policy. But they won't take of you the minute it basically ships.

I notified them right off the bat that their was something wrong with it. And they said ok and just to let them know. Then you do and they tell you to get lost.

If the product is under 30 days its their responsibility to the customer as far as I am concerned.

I have bought thing from tweeter that have broke 90 days later and they have helped me out.

I will never buy a thing from these fools again and strongly recommend the same to all.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Online and B&M stores are different. Online satellite companies get the products direct from they're disturbotrs. THe B&M get it from the disturobotor too but they're in the warehouse also. The online stores have to ship them back and most times the distribuots will not take them back, so it is a lost on their part. The B&M can just reorder as they see fit.

(Sorry for the errors, really tired (fixing ythem tommrrow?)

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Doesn't matter whether it's online or B&M. I have dealt with other online vendors American Sat for example and have not had these problems. I would buy from American SAT again but never from Orbit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a killer deal at Best Buy for the UTV. I took a print out showing the price of the UltimateTV at Orbitsat.com & showed it to the manager at BestBuy and she gave me the same price as Orbitsat.com!! Awesome, that means that I am under BestBuy's warrenty!:D

·
Registered
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Axiom
This is how they get away with it:

It sucks when a retailer can take this copout...
Hmmm?

I dunno. Seems ok to be selling cheaper by offering the buyer a discount for assuming the repackaging costs. Might not some be willing to take the risk. Gamble that if the unit works, then you got a pretty freaking good deal.

So, maybe that's all he's really selling. Just sounds a little sleazy, but hey, for $99 bux, and all your out if it don't work, is you got to pay mailing costs to the manufacturer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.