AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a tidbit of info. Perhaps to make the site integrate better with a web UTV interface ;)

www.ultimatetv.com

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The product comparison seams, to me anyway, a little self defeating. Nearly all features listed on the UTV site are shared by UTV a DTiVO. Since this is a UTV site these must be the features that they would like to promote, and yet DTiVo matches up nicely. Until you get to the end with Internet features. TIVO IS NO MATCH!!! Wow!

http://www.ultimatetv.com/productcomp.asp

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Hey, there's a 30 second skip feature now for Tivos! MS needs to update their comparison appropriately! :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote "* If you decide to purchase new, additional services that become available through a software upgrade, there may be a charge."

I wonder what they might have in mind? Games maybe?Hmmm.:cool:

http://www.ultimatetv.com/upgrades.asp

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally posted by BrettStah
Hey, there's a 30 second skip feature now for Tivos! MS needs to update their comparison appropriately! :)
I thought that was part of the v2.5 upgrade.:D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Very interesting picture on that webpage. Perhaps a new upgrade will be coming in the near future. Maybe they'll finally get rid of the "My Shows" screen with only one option....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that is VERY interesting.

"All upcoming recordings" = Record all occurences at any time on any channel?

"Scheduled Series List" = Season pass?

"Auto record list" = wish list, by actor or keyword?

This must exist on the rumored beta from some earlier threads. I don't think it is a mistake that is is pictured on the new site either. I think MS is probably hoping it would be noticed, see how it is received on boards like this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd receive it a lot better if the interface were faster. :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Only if it actually does record them and doesn't just list them for your perusal, a la Tivos "view upcoming showings" or ReplayTVs "find matching shows".

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm sure I'm risking flames if I post this but when have I ever backed down from flame wars?

Does anyone see the irony of the fact that MS won't tell us any of the beta features but displays them on their new website.

IF those features on the web site aren't in the update I'm going to be mad!

--Trish

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally posted by sungrrl
I'm sure I'm risking flames if I post this but when have I ever backed down from flame wars?

Does anyone see the irony of the fact that MS won't tell us any of the beta features but displays them on their new website.

IF those features on the web site aren't in the update I'm going to be mad!

--Trish
A valid point I think. If it was intentional why not let the beta testers drop some hints here.

I am going to keep a close eye and have my slow motion ready for any new ads that may come out for UTV as we approach the holiday buying time. See if they let anything thing else slip by. :)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Thats why I was hoping no one would noticed it.......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.