AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies in advance if I'm posting in the wrong place. I've been searching many forums trying to find some help in getting a moca bridge working with Uverse. I ditched uverse tv but kept the internet. I am using apple tv with xbmc now and would like them wired.

After reading great things about the Netgear MCAB1001 moca adapter I thought it sounded like the perfect thing to connect all our apple tvs to the network.

Things are not working out and I am wondering if there is any way to get these working. I found one forum where a person claimed to get moca running with uverse using a splitter which I got. That is allowing my internet to work, but the bridge is not conveying traffic over the cable.

Has anyone here got this kind of device working with Uverse? Or know how to get it working? Many thanks.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Uverse for him is likely fiber into the house, but then uses the coax to send the signal around. They had to rejigger my coax connections when I had Uverse.

It's too bad you don't have the Uverse TV anymore, you could have just plugged into the RJ-45 in their STB.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, uverse is "fiber to the node" I think they call it and then it's coax the rest of the way into my house. I definitely got used to using the STB as my ethernet bridge and it is why I am searching for a solution. I think I may have found one problem. The splitter I purchased is a 1 Ghz and it needs to be a 2 or 2.4 Ghz because the moca operates at 1.5 Ghz. Hopefully that slight change fixes my problem.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_ryder /forum/post/20811749

The splitter I purchased is a 1 Ghz and it needs to be a 2 or 2.4 Ghz because the moca operates at 1.5 Ghz. Hopefully that slight change fixes my problem.

Sounds like you may have the solution. Good luck. I can't wait for Xfinity to roll out their 4 tuner DVRs with Moca.

·
Registered
772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem13 /forum/post/20811877

Sounds like you may have the solution. Good luck. I can't wait for Xfinity to roll out their 4 tuner DVRs with Moca.

When is that going to happen? It sure is a shame they HAVE boxes with MOCA built-in but aren't utilizing it other than for that "whole home DVR" crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.