AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic has been discussed before but I don't see anyone finding a solution..I have ever since uverse was installed (formerly had comcast) had 3-4 second blackouts on the Hi Def channels only ..some things like sporting events sem to be worse than watching a movie channel / hbo etc..

Uverse has sent technician who jiggled wires etc.. I think it is issue between cable box and tv ..uverse tells me box is fine .he switched a cable between box and tv but it hasnt helped..

anyone know the problem? whether solvable unless i buy a new tv..cause mine is 6 years old sony .

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Until a Tech actually tries replacing the box he can't guarante that it is not the cause of your problem.

What is the native resolution of your 6 year old TV and what resolution are you sending to it over what intervace from the Uverse box? Is it the same resoution you were using with the Comcast HD box?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply...

I did call a att uverse tech out ..they told me if my equipment problem ..they would bill me for visit..$55..or swap box

The tech came and yes he checked the native resolution also ..yes it was same as comcast etc..and then he swapped boxes in our house around and isolated problem to the video cable from the box to a connector unit my son put in ... that plugs in xbox, home theater, wii etc .so you can switch between components ..since back of tv and theater system receiver..amplifier?.dont have enuf connectors...

he plugged video cable directly to TV and no problem for now with the blackouts.. funny did not occur with comcast ..but maybe the connector box or a cable has an issue ..i may buy a new component box ..the cables are high quality ..so i dont think that is issue ...

again thanks for your reply...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts