AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a problem. I have a Samsung 60" pn60f5300af, moto box vip 1225, a Samsung soundbar hw-f550. The uverse box is hooked directly to input 1 on the tv, the soundbar is signaled from the optical out port on the tv. I do have Apple TV and blu Ray hooked into an hdmi switch going to input 2 on the tv with no issues.

The problem is the uverse audio has a delay of probably 500 ms with a strong crackle noise.

I've swapped the hdmi a few times with no luck. I've got all the audio processing turned off at the uverse box, tv, and soundbar. also full unplug and reset. No luck fixing th issue.

I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hello,
I have a problem. I have a Samsung 60" pn60f5300af, moto box vip 1225, a Samsung soundbar hw-f550. The uverse box is hooked directly to input 1 on the tv, the soundbar is signaled from the optical out port on the tv. I do have Apple TV and blu Ray hooked into an hdmi switch going to input 2 on the tv with no issues.

The problem is the uverse audio has a delay of probably 500 ms with a strong crackle noise.

I've swapped the hdmi a few times with no luck. I've got all the audio processing turned off at the uverse box, tv, and soundbar. also full unplug and reset. No luck fixing th issue.

I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!
What happens if you disconnect the sound bar and just use the TV speakers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What happens if you disconnect the sound bar and just use the TV speakers?
When I use just the tv speakers, the delay is much less but the crackle is still present. I did try one more thing last night. I sent the audio directly to soundbar via optical, bypassing the hdmi audio. Sounded perfect.

Since I've changed it hdmi cables and switched inputs on the tv, I'm guessing it must be a bad hdmi port on the dvr rather than two bad inputs on the tv since the other sources work fine.. Looks like a,call to uverse in the future, once we clear off the dvr.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
When I use just the tv speakers, the delay is much less but the crackle is still present. I did try one more thing last night. I sent the audio directly to soundbar via optical, bypassing the hdmi audio. Sounded perfect.

Since I've changed it hdmi cables and switched inputs on the tv, I'm guessing it must be a bad hdmi port on the dvr rather than two bad inputs on the tv since the other sources work fine.. Looks like a,call to uverse in the future, once we clear off the dvr.
Have you had any electrical storms recently? HDMI is notorious for interfaces being affected by lightning strikes etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.