AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dune is still very quirky in one area that REALLY, REALLY bothers me. When I put on a certain DVD, the aspect ratio needs to be changed to unlock the image from a squeezed letterbox, to a wider view, such as French Kiss. In order to do that, the remote is unreliable, problem #1, and I have to hit: "format", then select #2. The menu will be flashing and will remain flashing. This is not a clean system. It should make the change and revert back to the screen with the input info. Leaving the menu flashing with Format 2 is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. I remain confused and would like to see a cleaner system. How about labels for aspect ratios 1-7: for example 1 is default, 2 widescreen, 3 subtitles, etc... It would display the label briefly, then switch back to the input and resolution display. Also, please clean up the remote situation. I have to reset my remote every 2 months or it does not work. Please respond to this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a email address ( [email protected] ) to find it out.

We read each day our emails, but unfortunately not this forum (but almost each day, sorry).

So if there is any problem with a VIGATEC device, please contact us and send us an email.

adidadi,

the problem you have is not a global problem of the DUNE. So we need some more informations about your settings to find out the ground of it.

First of all is: What firmware version do you use ?

You'll find allways the latest version on our hompage at VIGATEC DOWNLOAD .

If you use the latest version, please send us an email, then there are some other points we have to know.

·
Registered
611 Posts
My GVC1280 SDI has always behaved like this. I never used the remote, just the front panel. I have been experimenting with H3D recently and using the Vigatec as a switcher that could back me up if the HTPC gets goofy. I like the H3D's interface. Who wouldn't. I suspect the short pole in the tent is me, not the 1280. But the net result is nearly the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.