AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Let's get the party started!!!!

What I will be powering quad Marty-S's with......two Peavey ipr2 7500's:

And here is temporary eq until I receive Trinnov TEQ-12........will sell the open at a fire sale price in 3-4 months!

Received email stating the first of my quad UXL's  ie. one or may be two may........and I say MAY ship out middle of next week.  Most likely, will have to wait a bit longer for all four.

Guess the Marty-S's are on their way to reality........................

·
Registered
5,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11  /t/1522654/joining-marty-party-quad-marty-s-build/0_80#post_24486195

Yeah.................BTW, where's your party hat? lol

My

is on and ready for the ensuing

build that I know I

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Based on recommendations in this forum, I decided to use two runs of 4 conductor 12 AWG in-wall speaker wire.  Belden 5000 in black.  Most likely, will have some real fun pulling two runs in 1 inch snurf tubing.  One run is about 45+ feet, the other is approximately 25+ feet.  Enclosed illustrations show getting a true 2025 watts in 4 ohm's is not going to happen.  More like close to 1800 watts in each cab.................

Spec shows I'm on cusp of needing larger gauge wire........didn't matter if I used 10 or 12 gauge.  Since I'm running essentially 4 groups of wires in each tube, I chose to go 12 AWG..........helps 4 conductor in-wall 10 AWG is not available.  Doing two runs in each tube will future proof my set up as who know............8 UXL's? 

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn  /t/1522654/joining-marty-party-quad-marty-s-build#post_24486279

Yahhoo! Marty goes sealed! Glad it's all working out.

Steve.............isn't  this a perfect time to insert a gratuitous picture of girls in party gear?  Something along the lines like this?  Remember...........it's a Marty Party!!! 

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp  /t/1522654/joining-marty-party-quad-marty-s-build#post_24486426

I like this pic better

Sure.........why not?  I must admit............the middle girl needs to be holding a Marty-S.

Coming to the light Chalugadp?  I.E. joining forces with the Marty-S clan? 

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Steve.............isn't this a perfect time to insert a gratuitous picture of girls in party gear? Something along the lines like this? Remember...........it's a Marty Party!!!

I'm so ashamed.. I like your guys-es much better but my mommy said not to post pics like that.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

·
Banned
3,677 Posts
Quad UXL-18's should be really really nice, especially with each one on its own channel of a IPR2-7500, but, think about how much punch these would have in a vented enclosure!

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn  /t/1522654/joining-marty-party-quad-marty-s-build#post_24486489

I'm so ashamed.. I like your guys-es much better but my mommy said not to post pics like that.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

lol............too funny!

We could always post Scott's dream/fantasy girl....................

·
Registered
5,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007  /t/1522654/joining-marty-party-quad-marty-s-build/0_80#post_24486492

Quad UXL-18's should be really really nice, especially with each one on its own channel of a IPR2-7500, but, think about how much punch these would have in a vented enclosure!

So would putting a supercharger on a Ferrari, but sometimes you got to know when to stop.

Besides, that will give him an excuse to add 4 more down the road.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007  /t/1522654/joining-marty-party-quad-marty-s-build#post_24486492

Yeah.................and think how  I could use strategies learned in my childhood from book "Emperor's New Clothes" which would allow me to hide them! 

Besides.................doesn't Marty name add punch? 

·
Registered
5,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11  /t/1522654/joining-marty-party-quad-marty-s-build/0_80#post_24486538

Besides.................doesn't Marty name add punch? 

I've got your new name.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts