AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Draper screen. It has a bit of a V shape, like it isn't properly stretched or something. It helps abit if I pull some at both sides, also might help if I have something heavy hanging at both sides.

But, do anyone else have the same problem with Draper or other screens? Is this a normal issue with manual pulldown screens? Is there a fix for this? Why is this happening?

Hehe, lot's of question here. Don't know if this is a known phenomen :)

Please comment.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Waves are common for manual pull-down screen. I have similar especially toward the top of my Dalite Model B Video Spectra. I stretch my down rod with bungie cords (hooked to nails in baseboard) at the 2 ends and this helped.

I think the only good solution ultimately is to make this a fixed screen: 1) cut off the material and stretch on wooden frame (staple screen to back of frame), 2) screw 2 wooden slats (painted flat black) at their 2 ends (to avoid injuring the screen) for top and bottom of screen stretching material tightly before tightening the slats onto wall.

You must account for the extra screen material required to do this; i.e. 4:3 pull-down screen has plenty of material to make a fixed 16:9 screen, and 16:9 pull-down screen can be made into 2.35:1 fixed screen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.