AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching this on ITV back in the 80's in the UK. I was always mystified as to why they cut this wonderful show so early. At the time, being a kid and all that, all I wanted to be when I grew up, was be a resistance fighter, fighting the good fight against the marauding lizards ( I know, my life was sad back then ). When it got canned, my heart and mind was numb, what shall I do?!

But now, 20 years on, they are bringing it back again, with the original cast members reprising their roles. Here is hoping Singer, Grant finally get one over the evil but wonderful Jane Badler.

I know that most folks would cringe at the sight of this return, probably preferring such classics as Babylon 5, Star Trek Next Gen, but to me this was the best Sci-Fi tv show of the 80's. Apart from First Wave in the late 90's I have not seen anything to touch the show. I hope their are some fans out there, waiting for this series to return. Myself, well, what a great start for 2004 - I wonder whether it will be in HD?! :)

Mark

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ya, I heard about that a while ago. I figured that it probably wouldn't make it off the execs desk, but guess I was wrong. It sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm only 19, but I have both the DVD's. I'm trying to find a place to get ahold of the TV series after The Final Battle. Great stories. The graphics are a little cheasy (I guess paper cutouts really aren't graphics actually), as well as the acting at times, but I imagine that today it will look much better.

I'm also glad they are keeping the same actors.

Hey, can you link me to the site with the info you got?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You would think they would release the other episodes after the Final Battle, but no such luck as of yet. I have to admit the overall sfx when viewing now leaves a little to be desired, but back in the 80 it looked the bomb..lol

Mark

·
Registered
952 Posts
The start of the TV show was good, but ended really cheesy...

Of course, I'd still buy the DVD's. :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm getting palpitations just thinking about the new series..

Mark

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SmithMK
You would think they would release the other episodes after the Final Battle, but no such luck as of yet.
Most fans would prefer to forget that the weekly TV series ever happened. Kenneth Johnson, the creator of the original miniseries and the upcoming project, has hinted that he's going to disregard the existence of both The Final Battle and the TV show entirely.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If they are disregarded in the upcoming one, does that mean, the show starts where the Original Mini Series left off? That would be interesting indeed.

I must admit watching V a few days back, it did get a bit silly with the Alien baby..

Mark

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SmithMK
If they are disregarded in the upcoming one, does that mean, the show starts where the Original Mini Series left off? That would be interesting indeed.
Everything is just speculation at this point, but the assumption is that the new film will take place so many years after the original that they could simply neglect to mention those things that may or may not have happened immediately after the first miniseries.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the only good point in those forgettable ones is Micheal Ironside aka Ham Tyler.

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.