AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticeable difference from v5100 to z5100 for motionflow and overall pq? Selling my a650 for a good price and wondering which one is better for the price. V series is 1000 less in Canada. Saw the v series in person and was actually pretty impressed with it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have had both the V5100 and now the Z5100 in the 52" size. I had the V for about a month before I upgraded to the Z. I cannot in good conscience sit here and tell you the 240hz is twice as good as 120hz. It's maybe 10-20% better and I do not have any equipment to back up that claim even if such a test device exists.

The V series is a fine television. However, I've got to tell you...I'm in love with my KDL-52Z5100. It has a 10 bit panel with a 10 bit processor as opposed to the 8/8 of the V, so you will have more levels of each color. It has the BE3 engine and the V has BE2. It is thinner than the V. I feel the bezel looks better. The optical out outputs DD 5.1. The V only sends out PCM 2.0. I found the sharpness, depth and general 'pop' of the Z to be better than the V. You also have an Ethernet port on the Z. The USB port on the Z does mpeg video, photos and music. The V's USB port only does photos or music...I know it's only one of the two, I just don't remember which.

Is it $1000.00 CND better than the Z? I can't tell you. Again, I can tell you that the V5100 is a fine television, though...Will

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just an FYI; FS (Canada) has the 52z5100 on sale for the next while so the difference between the two models you mentioned is now $600, instead of the usual $1100, which may sway your decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts