AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good HD camera for vacation and family stuff.

Would prefer one that gets decent low light quality.

My budget is around $500-$1000.

Was looking at the M400/M41 and the TM900/TM90. Any opinions would be great. ty!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Low light the MXXX series has the upper hand, lit areas the TM900 upper hand. TM900 has 60p mode, and more zoom which is nice for sport events. The M4XXX series have 2 focus senors for better auto focus.

(The M41 only difference is it has a view finder and 32gb internal memory compared to the M400)

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have the canon hf g10 and have had many other cameras. For family use I have the Sony hx100v and wish I got the hx9. I will get the hx9 or next years model. What I have found is for a small size the hx100v gives me great video and easier to use with my small boys. The g10 is great in low light, I had the panny 900 and the lowlight stinks compared to canon. The hx100v is pretty good in low light but the canon is better. All the cameras are great you just need to try some out or download some clips and compare yourself.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i looked at the G10 and XA10 but my limit is a firm $1000, because i am going to need another battery, 32/64g sd card and a case.

And the G10 is ~$1400 just for the camera.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lowlight is the most important thing in the camcorder imho, unless you are going to exclusively use it outside and that during daytime. I have both XA10 and M41, I can attest to the fact that they are very good in low light situations. And also, during daylight, these cameras produce absolutely stunning image. The videos literally look better than 50 GB blu-ray films you watch (minus the actual scene setup obviously with DOF). You can't go wrong with either model, camcorders are so advanced nowadays.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.