Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got a dust blob inside my LT150. I'd rather buy a low-power vacuum to fix this myself rather than get NEC to do it every time it happens. Any suggestions on the type/brand of vacuum to get?

Lastly, I'm finally content with the black level/shadow detail of the LT150 once I switched to gamma Natural 2. I had to readjust the grayscale and reset contrast and brightness correctly, but I can now see shadow detail without having everything covered up in a gray fog. Natural 1's gamma curve couldn't handle certain scenes when white and black level are set correctly. An example of this is in Unbreakable when Bruce Willis has his flashback of the car accident. With natural 1 you can't make anything out.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Correctly? If you think calibrating with Video Essentials or AVIA gives you correct settings for black level then IMO you're going to be disappointed with the playback of most DVDs. There seems to be a mantra on this forum - set the black level with your Video Essentials disk and leave it there (even if you can't see any detail in dark scenes). Use these disks as a guide only and then experiment - you will get much better performance from your projector!

I have been using this projector for over six months now and with the screen I am using and a calibrated room I find that Natural 2 works best for live action and Natural 1 for animation (most). Experiment! You will discover what works for you. What looks right to you is right! Don't listen to me or anyone else.

Cheers,

Grant

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.