·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/17001414

Great game, but very difficult (for me, anyway
)

Had trouble w/ the chains?

Man after my 7th go around i was getting 30 pretty regularly. Though some weapons are harder than others.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
No, I got the chains down pretty well, but they never seemed to do much damage after a while and I was young and never bothered to figure out the 'sweet spot' for when it stops being worth it to chain and start a new one. And yeah, the chaining for some weapons were really weird; I remember the spears had a funky kind of delay on one of them.

I really loved the art style and story, though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I really loved the art style, weapon customization, and combat mechanics of the game. Challenging in a good way. Though it may seem blasphemous, I think Vagrant Story was my favorite game on the ps1, with FF7 and FF8 coming in close behind. Still have a ps1 copy of the game somewhere in my basement.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I still have my PS1 copy at my parent's place basement. PLayed like 2 hours of it and since I was too young, never really got into it.
It's hard to figure everything out without knowing english too.

I'll get this up on PSN or go get my PS1 copy

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo /forum/post/17508992

Though it may seem blasphemous, I think Vagrant Story was my favorite game on the ps1, with FF7 and FF8 coming in close behind.

It isn't blasphemous. Your lack of respect for FF9, however, is.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Thread revival for this because now it will be on the NA PSN...tomorrow!!!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1152369p1.html

Quote:
Vagrant Story on PSN Dated

We knew it would happen eventually. Now we know when.

February 28, 2011 February 28, 2011 February 28, 2011

Share14Level 6by Colin Moriarty

Last week, Xenogears finally came to the PlayStation Network. Heck, we knew it was going to happen eventually, because the ESRB told us so.

But the ESRB didn't only tell us about Xenogears' imminent release on the PlayStation Network. It told us that Vagrant Story was coming, too. Released in 2000, Vagrant Story is another classic Square-created RPG that gamers have been craving. It's already available on the Japanese and European PlayStation Stores, but according to the PlayStation Blog, North American gamers will have access to Vagrant Story on Tuesday, March 1st.

That same ESRB leak also mentioned two other PlayStation-era Square classics -- Threads of Fate and Legend of Mana -- though we have no new information on when those will eventually meander on over to the PlayStation Network.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
This is a game I missed the first time around, but I've heard it talked about plenty. Any fans of the game care to speak up about what makes it so good? And, just as importantly, does it hold up?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The weapon crafting system is ridiculously addictive. You craft weapons for diff attributes and/or enemy types. As you become better with the weapon it's power grows with you skill.

The story is great, and for the time, character design was too.

The game has huge replay-ability and go in depth with this w/o ruining the story though. Suffice it to say, you can new game+ game to infinity

·
Registered
511 Posts
Is this the same as the PS1 version or has it been enhanced? I still have the PS1 game somewhere.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60SXRD /forum/post/20080821

Is this the same as the PS1 version or has it been enhanced? I still have the PS1 game somewhere.

It is like the other PS1 classic game on the PSN, it's a port of the original version so it's not in HD.

To go with the others, I'd say the weapon crafting thing is really nice (even tho I never finished the game...
).

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascension /forum/post/20080308

Besides the music being great, the combining of weapons and combo hits (if you press the button at the right time) and the exploring made this one of my favorite PSN games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetram /forum/post/20080744

The weapon crafting system is ridiculously addictive. You craft weapons for diff attributes and/or enemy types. As you become better with the weapon it's power grows with you skill.

The story is great, and for the time, character design was too.

The game has huge replay-ability and go in depth with this w/o ruining the story though. Suffice it to say, you can new game+ game to infinity

Cool. I'll definitely buy and play. How does the weapon crafting compare to Demon's Souls?

I also just saw that this was directed/produced by the same person who did FF Tactics and FFXII (my two favorite FF games), as well as Tactics Ogre. I'm totally sold and am positive I will love it!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts