Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
This is my favorite quip: "I say to you that the VCR is to the American film producer and the American public as the Boston strangler is to the woman home alone."

You'd think with such idiotic remarks displaying such complete lack of foresite like this on record, Mr. Valenti would be too busy working on a time machine to stop himself from speaking in past to re-hash this claptrap yet again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like the part about recording on the same tape 200 times so it cost 1/16th of a penny in royalty costs. I don't think I've ever used a tape even 20 times.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
And the twisted logic award goes to:

Quote:
Mr. KASTENMEIER. Jack, let me ask you. Do you consider yourself and your family infringers when you engage in that practice?

Mr. VALENTI. I consider myself and my family believing what the plaintiffs in this lawsuit said and they said publicly, they have said it to the press, they have said it to the lawyers, they have said it to the courts. They do not intend to file any actions against homeowners now or in the future. I mean, that is obvious and they have said that publicly, Mr. Chairman, so I believe them. As far as I am concerned, I am going to continue taping because the plaintiffs have said they aren’t going to do anything to me. I am not committing any crime. They know that.

Mr. KASTENMEIER. That wasn’t my question.

Mr. VALENTI. Do I consider myself an infringer?

Mr. KASTENMEIER. When you engage in such practice.

Mr. VALENTI. Yes, sir, I do. I am taking somebody else’s copyrighted material without their consent and I know damn well I am infringing. But as far as court action or anything else, I am safe.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by spwace
And the twisted logic award goes to:

Hmmm, I wonder if Jack has a Panny combo and a Dish 5000 HD modulator? After reading this I wouldn't be too surprised.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Nah, Jack just calls his bosses at the studios and has a 35mm print sent over.

Hollywood types definitely believe there are different rules for them and the "little people". I remember reading about the first people with SDI interfaces to their projectors and plasma displays. Most of the original owners were directors or producers. Nver mind that they (through their mouthpiece, Jack) have fought to keep up from getting digital output via FireWire.

·
Registered
771 Posts
"Where can I buy that VCR that records a years worth of programs and automatically skips the commercials?"

I dunno about recording a years worth of programs, but my VCR I bought a few years ago does go in and mark commercials, automatically skipping them on playback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.