AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'm sure there are, but the image quality is probably not desirable at such a low cost.

the best deal out there (in my opinion) is the prices you can find for the Sony KDF-42WE655 the only "problem" with this tv is that its a rear projection lcd... mediocre black levels for an lcd. but it does have a cable card slot, and hdmi, and overall is a nice quality set. they are cheap now because a newer model just came out, but the newer model actually has a lower resolution, although the newer model has nicer looking black levels.

westinghouse seems to have everyones favorite budget lcd. i found a great deal on a 32" at best buy. i would go for the 37" with 1080p but its only an hdtv lcd monitor, not tv tuner at all, so that would be an extra expense... the other problem (and the main one if you ask me) is that it lacks an hdmi port.

·
Registered
14 Posts
that philips doesn't sound too bad... i couldn't find the response time though, something like that is very important to me for an lcd.

do you know the response for it?

thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
I picked up the 37" Phillips with cablecard and dual HDMI three weeks ago and really like the picture. At $2799 MSRP it is on the less expensive side of the current crop of LCD flat panel TVs. Pros are the picture, cablecard, HDMI - cons are only one video custom setting across all sources, no direct input access (you have to scroll through a list of inputs). Overall I like it, but the wife thinks it is too small for the living room. Guess I'll have to move it to the bedroom and buy a bigger set for the living room!

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.