AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some guys might think me cheesy but I love my Van damme. On Feb 10th they are releasing a 4 pack that includes The Quest, Hard Target, Sudden Death and Lionheart. now the last two were only available in pan and scan's and I'm wondering if anyone knows if they are released in anamorphic widescreen this time or not?? The reason I ask is because the last 4 pack that came out (had The quest, Hard Target, Street Fighter, and Timecop) had them with remastered anamorphic transfers. I'd LOOOOOVE to get Sudden Death and Lionheart if I knew that they were releasing them in widescreen

http://www.amazon.com/Van-Damme-Four...173544&sr=8-44

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper /forum/post/15577727

I'm wondering if anyone knows if they are released in anamorphic widescreen this time or not??

I don't know about those titles, but will take this opportunity to say that I rather like LEGIONNAIRE (as does my wife, which is a big plus) and would like a new edition. The NTSC version is pan&scan; there is an anamorphic PAL edition but it is a bit pricey.

-Bill

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm also interested to know.

But this is crazy, this new four-feature set has Hard Target and The Quest, AGAIN!

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blued888 /forum/post/15579108

I'm also interested to know.

But this is crazy, this new four-feature set has Hard Target and The Quest, AGAIN!

I know, It's not like Uni doesn't have enough other ones to make up a 4 pack with.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well , I know why Uni released Hard Target and The Quest in both 4 packs. They only own 6 of Van Damme's films, kinda had to overlap if they did a 4 pack.

Anyways, any nfo on if Lionheart and Sudden Death will be enhanced widescreen vs. their old p&s individual releases?

·
Registered
853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfe man /forum/post/15584507

Hard target is again probably cut down rated version, four minutes of cuts.

btw, chek jcvd when you can. It was great.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1130988/

Was a unrated version ever released? I've always heard of rumors about a unrated version, but never heard of a actual release of it. Hard Target is by far my favorite Van Damme movie, because of the director John Woo. Van Damme should have teamed up with him for more movies.

I am still hoping for an unrated Hard Target on Blu-Ray someday.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I bought this mostly for Timecop in widescreen. Great to have that. It's a big guilty pleasure of mine. Hard Target and The Quest are pretty good too. I forgot Roger Moore was in The Quest and was pleasantly surprised when I watched the film again. Street Fighter is a horrendously bad movie, but very funny nevertheless. Sadly, that's the one Van Damme film that's getting a Blu-Ray release, which just boggles my mind.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh /forum/post/15620574

I bought this mostly for Timecop in widescreen. Great to have that. It's a big guilty pleasure of mine. Hard Target and The Quest are pretty good too. I forgot Roger Moore was in The Quest and was pleasantly surprised when I watched the film again. Street Fighter is a horrendously bad movie, but very funny nevertheless. Sadly, that's the one Van Damme film that's getting a Blu-Ray release, which just boggles my mind.

That was actually the 1st 4 pack. The one I'm talking about comes out on Feb 10th (includes Hard Target and the Quest again go figure) but includes Sudden Death and Lionheart too.

Yeah, Street fighter was amazingly cheesy. But I'm buying it
. The reason it's coming out on Blu is because it's being released on Blu and DVD in ultimate edition to coincide with the released of the new videogame

·
Registered
829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator840 /forum/post/15600096

Was a unrated version ever released? I've always heard of rumors about a unrated version, but never heard of a actual release of it. Hard Target is by far my favorite Van Damme movie, because of the director John Woo. Van Damme should have teamed up with him for more movies.

I am still hoping for an unrated Hard Target on Blu-Ray someday.

Unrated version of hard target can found in england, scandinavia and australia, but its only letterbox, four minutes of violence is added back, but then the real dir cut lasted 116min, that version is mostly unseen, but you can find some bonus footage from it on youtube.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Are Sudden Death and Lionheart both widescreen on the new Quad release? If so, I'm buying. Sudden Death is actually a pretty good action movie and Lionheart is pure 80's cheese that I can't resist.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh /forum/post/15626708

Are Sudden Death and Lionheart both widescreen on the new Quad release? If so, I'm buying. Sudden Death is actually a pretty good action movie and Lionheart is pure 80's cheese that I can't resist.

that's what I'm hoping someone will tell us

·
Registered
9,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh /forum/post/15620574

Just got Timecop (HD DVD version) a few days ago; it's probably my favorite JCVD movie.

·
Registered
455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfe man /forum/post/15625140

Unrated version of hard target can found in england, scandinavia and australia, but its only letterbox, four minutes of violence is added back, but then the real dir cut lasted 116min, that version is mostly unseen, but you can find some bonus footage from it on youtube.

Re: the "director's cut" (really a rough cut) -- don't get me wrong, I dig the extra action and would like to see it added back to the movie, but most of the cut stuff should stay cut. The "love" scene is awful even by Van Damme's standards.

And I'll be the lunatic who goes to bat for Street Fighter, albeit not because of Van Damme -- Raul Julia absolutely makes that movie. One of the great scenery-chewing performances.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I've got Sudden Death on widescreen LaserDisc....strangely, it's the only LD I own.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
damn, here's the specs. Lionheart is still in 1.33:1 full frame, the rest are all in Widescreen
. Lionheart and Sudden Death were the only 2 I didn't own because of being in full screen.

Van Damme - Four Feature Film Set DVD Features

2-Disc Set

Region 1

Keep Case

Disc 1: Feature A: HARD TARGET

Anamorphic Widescreen -

Audio:

Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English

Subtitles - English (SDH), French - Optional

Disc 1: Feature B: LIONHEART

Full Frame -

Audio: