Votes: 6 75.0%
  • July 19th

Votes: 2 25.0%
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've made mention of it a few times in a couple different threads so I figured it was about time I started an official thread. I also didn't know exactly which section to put this GTG thread into because it'll have an assortment of different products ranging from manufactured speakers to DIY speakers, to DIY subs being mine and maybe some manufactured subs if someone attending wanted to bring one.

So with that said I'd like to host a small GTG in July on the weekend of the 12th or the 19th. I don't have a huge room but I have HT seating for 6 and of course we could easily squeeze another 2-3 seats in my room and of course standing room. I'd like to try to keep the group size down to 10-15 people but of course I can't really see myself turning guys away unless things got out of hand.

I've already talked to a few guys and so far we'll have my JTR 228HT's, tuxedocivic (aka Ryan) has said that he'd like to attend and is willing to bring some of his Elusive 1099 speakers that he designed and is now sold by Erich threw the diysoundgroup.com along with another speaker he's working on that uses two 12" drivers and is designed to be a little more of a full range speaker. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1523167/enough-theory-talk-i-gotta-build-something-celestion-ftr12-3070c

Then we'll have a pair of Tempest DIY speakers and I'm going to make arrangements to either have a pair of Yorkville Unity U215's or U15's. I'm also open to anyone being interested in bringing some of their speakers too. This will be the first time I've attempted to host an event like this so I'm also open for suggestions.

So far I'm pretty sure the following forum members will be attending;

jbrown15 ...(that's me
Joe)

tuxedocivic ...(Ryan)

tyee ...(Tony)

stsand ...(ST)

WarrenBerry ...(Warren)

chalugadp ...(Donny)

I've already given my wife the heads up and she's already said that she'll make arrangements to be gone all day!....lol

Of course what would a GTG be without snacks and cold beers, so I'm willing to buy a few things and stock my beer fridge with beer of course and a few other cold beverages and pick up a few snacks. But hopefully some of the guys attending could help pitch in a bring something too?

Anyways anyone interested in a attending please post something and also maybe let me know which date would work best for you.

Cheers

Joe

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I will attempt to make it. Would love to meet everyone. Don't know about bringing any speakers since what I will have is what most everybody already have but if my front MTM's turn out decent maybe I will bring them along. I will bring some food of course. Coming from Seattle so I will need to figure out my border crossing paperwork before hand. 12 is my B-day so 19th would be best but not necessary, what better way to spend a birthday than with good sounds, and beer.

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
How about you have a bbq ? You provide the bbq and people coming can bring the meat or side dish. Easy to cook , less cleanup , tastes great. Should be a blast

Toughest part is selecting music/movie clips to listen too. No Madonna please:eek:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I would love to come, but I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to make it. I'll have to let you know closer to the date.

·
Registered
7,989 Posts
Right on.

I'm not sure I'll have the 1099s ready though. The new 12" build I'm doing should be ready though. We'll see what my travel plans are like for the summer as I'm gonna just build the 1099s from a kit like everybody else, so I'll get them from Erich while I'm in the states.. And it depends on what happens between now and then. Don't worry, the new design shouldn't be a let down

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You should get ahold of Nathan at Funk Audio (on the Sunshine Coast) and see if he'd come and bring anything.

Reactions: Dbuudo07

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp  /t/1524353/vancouver-summertime-gtg#post_24530820

How about you have a bbq ? You provide the bbq and people coming can bring the meat or side dish. Easy to cook , less cleanup , tastes great. Should be a blast

Toughest part is selecting music/movie clips to listen too. No Madonna please:eek:

I'm part owner in a cattle ranch.......................I can bring "Daisy" an old milk cow............before we fire her up on the pit, we could milk her for some cream ie. ice cream for dessert! 

·
Premium Member
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick240  /t/1524353/vancouver-summertime-gtg#post_24531829

You should get ahold of Nathan at Funk Audio (on the Sunshine Coast) and see if he'd come and bring anything.

I've talked with Nathan in the past mostly about subs, but I did send him a PM just a little while ago letting him know about the GTG. I said it might be a great opportunity for him to get the opinions from about a dozen forum members on his speakers. So we'll see what he says. It would be cool to at least hear some of his new bookshelf speakers.

·
Premium Member
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11  /t/1524353/vancouver-summertime-gtg#post_24531891

I'm part owner in a cattle ranch.......................I can bring "Daisy" an old milk cow............before we fire her up on the pit, we could milk her for some cream ie. ice cream for dessert! 

Do we get to choose which flavor of ice cream you're going to make?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15  /t/1524353/vancouver-summertime-gtg#post_24532415

Do we get to choose which flavor of ice cream you're going to make?

I believe the GTG is in Vancouver, Canada; so you would want to provide input on the flavour of ice cream, eh!

·
Premium Member
8,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick240  /t/1524353/vancouver-summertime-gtg#post_24532651

I believe the GTG is in Vancouver, Canada; so you would want to provide input on the flavour of ice cream, eh!

Haha good point.

I just received a pm from Nathan at Funk Audio and he's said that he'd gladly bring some stuff to the GTG, probably his 6.1P & 8.2P speakers

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15  /t/1524353/vancouver-summertime-gtg#post_24532724

Haha good point.

I just received a pm from Nathan at Funk Audio and he's said that he'd gladly bring some stuff to the GTG, probably his 6.1P & 8.2P speakers

That's excellent news.

If the stars align, maybe I'll make it.

If I fly, I will bring nothing.

If I drive I'd bring my Salk WOW1s.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts