Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
came out the today and i picked it up today for 17$ at Target

im gonna go throw it on in a few minutes and ill post my findings but i figured i would start this thread now to see who else picked this up today

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I just picked it up, but won't see it till Saturday night:(

Gus

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
WOW, that is one strange but interesting film. :eek: It will take a little time to digest. However I did find it intriguing and know I will have to view it again. PQ is close to first rate. Almost no EE and lots of deferent stylistic looks from washed out B&W to eye popping colors and everything in between. The only thing I noticed was that small details were not as sharp as a Moulin Rouge type transfer. This is probably attributed to the low to moderate 5.81mbps bit rate. SQ is quite good with surrounds used sparingly but strategically. Excellent sound track to boot. ;)

·
Registered
912 Posts
I heard it sucks.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by McPatrickClan
I heard it sucks.
Not from me! ;) I can see why it would not be everyone "cup of tea" though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Brilliant remake.... brilliant original.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
$13.99 at Walmart in Cincinnati OH. It's the WS (enhanced for WS TV) version with DD 5.1, etc. Better check your local Walmart.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
i liked it. would have liked it more if it were 10-12 min shorter. The end told us too much. I wanted to vigure it out by myself which I did about 1/2 way through. I said "****" outload when i knew

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Huey
$13.99 at Walmart in Cincinnati OH. It's the WS (enhanced for WS TV) version with DD 5.1, etc. Better check your local Walmart.
Shop with ease, there are no versions of Vanilla Sky. ;)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by William

Shop with ease, there are no versions of Vanilla Sky. ;)
Huh?

Gus

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Thanks William, had me a little confused there for a minute:)

Gus

·
Registered
342 Posts
Still trying to come down from this high! Wow! What a movie! Loved it ! Loved it! Loved it! Let your mind take a ride! Anyone who thinks this could, in any way, be anyones worst movie, should take up a new hoppy!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Much better film than I expected. I liked it a lot. Tom Cruise has redeemed himself for that MI2 crap he did last year.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
This is without a doubt ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES I'VE EVER SEEN I put it right there with Ishtar, Hudson Hawk and Bonfire of the Vanities. I only rented it because my wife wanted to see it and she went to bed after an hour. What a complete waste of 2hrs. The critics say you need to watch it twice to "get it". No chance in hell of that happening with me.

Kurt Russell was just awful also. I guess he thought this was an improvement on "3000 Miles to Graceland".

Cruise better pray that "Minority Report" will be a blockbuster. Between Vanilla Sky and Eyes Wide Shut he's on his way to becoming the next Kevin Costner.

I feel much better now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Definitely seems to be no in-betweens with this one. You either loved it or hated it. I rented it and didn't go in with very high expectations, but I must say I was impressed. The story was a bit hard to keep your bearings at times, but I think it kept things interesting.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Some people should just stick to the "bang bang / blow it up" movies and leave the good stuff like Vanilla Sky alone! Its like Roeper & Ebert said, "It IS one of the years 10 Best Movies". If you dont get it, watch Waterworld a few times!

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I actually really like this movie. I just rented and watched it and it might be on my "to buy" list. I agree with the person that said that the ending was much to revealing. I would have liked to figure it out on my own or to be left guessing what was real and what was a dream. But all and all, not a bad flick! :)

The thing that I really like about the movie is that they lead you to believe that it is just a regular old drama, but then about 30 minutes left, flip your view of the movie upside down.

If you haven't seen it, I would seriously give it a shot! :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.