AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just started using my 4532 today I have a few questions:

1. Is there a menu/screen that shows the current status of the unit such as when it last successfully connected to the service and how long it has guide data for?

2. Is there any way to increase the speed at which the 4532 sends the channel numbers to a satellite box? Tivo has this (i.e. slow, medium and fast) but I couldn't find it in the ReplayTV setup.

3. Is there a way to do wild card searches? As an example, if I put in WWE in the search, can I get the until will show me WWE Raw, WWE Smackdown, etc?

4. Will MyReplayTV work on units still in the trial period? I don't see the necessary entry under setup for this feature.

Thanks for the info. As you can probably tell I am a Tivo convert and am just looking for some features I got used to on my Tivo.

· Registered
4,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tluxon
These FAQ's are really outdated. Is there a more recent collection anywhere? Or who should we contact to put in updated information?
that's actually the old FAQ, there's a link to the new FAQ at the top of the page

· Registered
1,093 Posts
1) 411-zones

2) when you're setting up the IR codes, press 243-zones and a 'fine tuning' screen should come up. read more in the faq .

3) if you put in WWE, it should find WWE Smackdown. but, if you put in only smack, it won't find wwe smackdown. it searches by whole words only.

4) in my experience myreplaytv doesn't work during the trial period.

· Registered
23 Posts
if you put in "WWE " (include the space after the wwe-space-) in the find show in the set up ! then when it pops up the next menu where you say YES to show titles and descriptions! I just did this and it foun wwe smackdown, wwe velocity, wwe confiden..., wwe sunday, and even blind date because wwe star Nidia is on the show! you can do wild card serches

· Registered
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by poncho188
...you can do wild card serches
Although you can search of a single word in a title that has more than one word (search for 'star' in the title and you'll get "star wars" and "star trek"), I don't think there's any way to do a real wildcard search where 'star*' picks up "star', 'stars', 'start', startled' etc.

edit: sorry, replayjanitor already answered this (correctly).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.