AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've got a few questions about a Sony Trinitron PVM-2530 monitor I just aquired. It was abandoned by a university, so my friend who works there picked up four of them (!), one of which ended up at my house as an early x-mas present. Anyway, we've got no manuals or anything, so I'm trying to hunt down some info about it..

Specs I've found seem to indicate that it is video scan rates only, and that it doesn't support progressive scan (which is unfortunate). It has two composite video inputs, an S-video input, and a 'computer' input. The computer input is the big mystery. It is a male DB25 connector. It has a switch above it labeled "Sync on Green - ON/OFF" There is a corresponding button on the front to switch to the 'computer' input. Now, this monitor is from the late 80s, so I realize that it probably won't support any modern computers directly, but I have a potential solution..

I have an Inline brand converter that has an HD15 input, and 4 BNC outputs, you can switch it between sync on green output, and composite sync, and the input is for standard modern VGA signals. Does anyone have a pinout diagram for that DB25 connector on the monitor? Are there cables available to go from the DB25 connector to 3 or 4 BNC so it can be hooked up to this Inline converter? And if I turn sync-on-green OFF on the monitor, what will it expect then? Composite sync? Or seperate H/V sync? I'd sort of like to use it as a big aux computer monitor, but without any manuals, that 'computer input' is a mystery.

Does anyone know where I could get a service manual or operators manual for the PVM-2530? I found a place online selling them for 30ish$, but I'd prefer a PDF if someone knows where I could find it, or has one they could graciously email to me. Even if anyone just has a pinout diagram or anything, that could be very useful!

The other question about it is that it came with no remote, but it seems to suggest that it supports one.. Are there universal remotes that work with this era of monitor? I've also got a Panasonic PV-4250 VCR thats several years old, and a brand new Pioneer DV-656a DVD player, and if I could find one remote that would handle them all (and be reasonably priced (I don't need LCD screens, or joysticks, or anything fancy, just basic support)), I would be very happy.

Thanks for your time..

Sam

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.