AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony STR DE 997 (110 watts) driving an SVS PB 10 and two Axiom 60's and some Streem (soon to be upgraded) surrounds and center channel. I notice that when I crank up a concert DVD in 5.1, certain channels vary in sound level. For example the voice from the center channel will change in level when it is primarily by itself. When other instruments join in, they level of the voice decreases-sometimes so much that it makes it difficult to discern the lyrics. Likewise, sometimes when a guitar is the primary instument, the level changes when other instruments join in. This occurs only during high volume situations on all DVD's, so it is not a mixing issue.

My hunch is that receiver only has so much power, and therefore must compensate by ditributing the power evenly when called to do so. Or, could this also be a power issue?. I notice the lights dimming ever so slightly in sync with the bass drum. I know the sub has its own power source, but could the problem be too much load?

·
Registered
166 Posts
check your internal fuses to make sure they have clean tight connections, with the power disconnected (unit unplugged)

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
The avr you mentioned is also one that is plagued with problems,but check your connections and wires to see if they are properly feeding the speakers and the positive "+" goes to positive and the negatives "-" are matched. Also if you have different brands of speakers that can also be an issue,also try getting an spl meter and make sure all the levels are set correctly. Lou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.