AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the frame sticking out an inch from the screen get in the way of the UST projecting an image on the screen?

Existing screen STR-169110 Silver Ticket 4K Ultra HD Ready Cinema Format (6 Piece Fixed Frame) Projector Screen (16:9, 110", White Material)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Quite possibly. My projector (LG HU85) is ~7" in front of my screen and ~10" below and I just did a quick test by sticking something out on the bottom of the frame and it caused a shadow(and it was only 3/4"). But if your projector is farther away, it might not. There's really only one way to tell, for sure, and that's to test it.

Something else: You're going to take a big hit on picture quality anyway by not using a UST screen.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quite possibly. My projector (LG HU85) is ~7" in front of my screen and ~10" below and I just did a quick test by sticking something out on the bottom of the frame and it caused a shadow(and it was only 3/4"). But if your projector is farther away, it might not. There's really only one way to tell, for sure, and that's to test it.

Something else: You're going to take a big hit on picture quality anyway by not using a UST screen.
What screen is the most economical for 120”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there, did you ever figure out if this screen worked with the UST projector? I am in the same boat. My screen however is 120" and the throw distance is, therefore, greater and that black frame might not come in the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts