AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
It looks nice, has good specs, 3D, but $3200 after 35% discount is pushing it imho. Loving all this tri-laser UST competition, bring on more models!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Agree, but if the contrast is very good (like Xiaomi 1S, Wemax A300, Fengmi C2), then I'm tempted because of 3D support being included.

Oh, for this price, I'd also expect image interpolation. DTM would be nice, dunno if that's expecting too much.

Edit: image interpolation is included, but not DTM

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I only see 4K/60 resolution listed. Anyone know what chip they are using for this? Knowing this could also give us a hint on what the input lag might be.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Other triple laser units are 5-6K. $3200 seems like a steal. Plus this VAVA has 106% of Rec.2020 color space is impressive. Good HDR performance.

It looks nice, has good specs, 3D, but $3200 after 35% discount is pushing it imho. Loving all this tri-laser UST competition, bring on more models!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Other triple laser units are 5-6K. $3200 seems like a steal. Plus this VAVA has 106% of Rec.2020 color space is impressive. Good HDR performance.
I tend to think of the Samsung and LG triple laser’s as being in a slightly different category because of their 0.66 chips and being from established multinational electronics manufacturing companies.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Wow, definitely not for gamers then. Hopefully movies/TV/streaming content PQ performance will be good.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Which chip is this new vava using?

I tend to think of the Samsung and LG triple laser’s as being in a slightly different category because of their 0.66 chips and being from established multinational electronics manufacturing companies.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Smart move by VAVA to make this competitive. Have to chuckle at that retail price, and in general, how companies come up with them ;).

Noticed they also removed the "HDR10+" claim, and now just shows "HDR10". And also shows "ALPD 4.0"... is this the first PJ w/it?!

Their promo video still shows HDR10+ and APLD 3.0... what is it VAVA?! Those are significant spec differences.

·
Registered
100 Posts
And also shows "ALPD 4.0"... is this the first PJ w/it?!
I’m curious about that too, I think so in a consumer projector?! Do we know much about the actual tech behind the Samsung, LG and Bomaker tri-lasers?

Maybe the JMGO U2 is ALPD 4.0? Its tri-laser tech is kind of a black box at this point like the others.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
I'm also skeptical of VAVA's claim of "106% Rec.2020" because Appotronics own site shows 98.5%...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m curious about that too, I think so in a consumer projector?! Do we know much about the actual tech behind the Samsung, LG and Bomaker tri-lasers?

Maybe the JMGO U2 is ALPD 4.0? It’s tri-laser tech is kind of a black box at this point.
JMGO U2 comes with the screen for price of $2630. Spec wise they are almost similar. built wise JMGO U2 is solid and have a premium look. Only thing worries about JMGO U2 is the warranty and how they handle their customers post sale.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
may be the core hardware are made by one company and selling with different brand labels and minor tweeks :unsure:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Smart move by VAVA to make this competitive. Have to chuckle at that retail price, and in general, how companies come up with them ;).

Noticed they also removed the "HDR10+" claim, and now just shows "HDR10". And also shows "ALPD 4.0"... is this the first PJ w/it?!

Their promo video still shows HDR10+ and APLD 3.0... what is it VAVA?! Those are significant spec differences.
I think this may be the first UST with ALPD 4.0 with 3 laser combo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think this may be the first UST with ALPD 4.0 with 3 laser combo.
Samsung LS9T has tri color laser but very expensive. other barnds are Bomaker Polaris 4k ($1899), Jmgo u2 ($2099) & vava chroma ($2799). All these projectors are ALPD4.0

1 - 20 of 291 Posts