AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a few months since I have done much monkeying.... How do I tell the utv to use record to the a vcr using the vcr blaster thingies?

·
Registered
248 Posts
You tell it by selecting the item and under "Record" tell it to record to VCR instead of UTV. Before that, you need to set up your VCR and UTV to work together under the "Settings" menu. A little monkeying with it and you'll be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... It turns out that the vcr blaster only works on series (meaning no auto record) record, so I had to delete the series and rerecord them from the info menu...

I fear I have uncoverad a bug in the os though. On several occasion when there are 2 show at the same time it will only allow one recording. And yes I have check +/- 24 hours.

·
Registered
524 Posts
no bug ... vcr recording use is for series recording not random which auto is.. else when would you know when to change the tape in the vcr?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bug is that the utv will not allow one show to be recored to the hd while recording one to the vcr.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi fearlessrogue,

You might have a bug... however, that doesn't sound right...

If your UTV is in "record to VCR" mode... it should still allow you to record another show on an "available" tuner, unseen in the background...

I'd make sure that you have another tuner available and that you don't try and cause any conflicts by having the "spare" tuner tied up buffering another live program...

To use "VCR" mode the UTV probably has to "lock out" the user to some degree... PIP and viewing prerecorded 1020 MY Shows are probably out...

See if setting your UTV to channel 1020, and making sure you have no conflicts... allows you to record two shows using VCR mode. (1 vcr, 1 HD)

Later,

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just tried that.tuned to 1020 remove the series record and then re added it. Error still there.

I am getting a conflict on two show (not three) where it I do not have another show recordind withen an hour of the block and no other conflict withen a 24 hours.

Example: on 4/29 I am getting a conflict between buffy and jepardy (set to record to the vcr) at the 7 PM showings. The last show before this ended at 6 (ABC news). The next show starts at nine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.