AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally figured out how to program my DVDR to take the VCR+ codes.

now where do I find these codes for over 1 week away???

tvguide.com only goes a week, I tried to find an online satellite guide , but they only have subscriptions..(was hoping these guides would have the whole month)

I need this ASAP.. (I'd like to program in survivor & others , as I am heading out of town) (

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
pony up the $$, the only way I know how to get them more than 1 week in advance.

I have seen calculators that do it for you, but what is the point if you must enter the times and channel to figure out the code

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
How about simply entering the day/time of each program? Shouldn't take you more than 30-45 seconds for each weekly program you want to record.

Of course you can get the neighborhood 11 y.o. to come over and program the VCR or DVD recorder for you.:) I have my young 15 y.o. nephew deal w. computer problems i may have.

In fact, this is better than using VCR+ since that only gives you the recording info for one discreet program, I believe. By setting the recording device to record at the same time each week (or day), you will get every showing of your favorite program .

...mike

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any suggestions what time period I would put in for survivor?? all they say is it is after the superbowl.

oh,, I checked again at the satellite sites, they popped up grids,,, but they didn't have vcr+ listings & they only went just over a week.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
If a program is slated to start immediately after a sporting event, you just have to guess.

A normal football game takes just over 3 hours. The Stupor Bowl takes longer because of extra commercials, half time etc.

To play safe, set the recording to start 3.5 hours after the start of the time of kickoff (the S.B. programming probably starts more than an hour before game time), and simply set it to run at least 3 or 4 hours from then. My guess is that the game programming itself from kick-off to end of post-game stuff would be well over 4 hours.

I wonder how people that pay outsiders like Tivo or Replay to do their programming for them deal w. a situation like this. How do those programming services deal w. recording a sporting event of unknown duration?

...mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.