AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, I have a new JVC SVHS vcr hooked upto my 1272 via line doubler.

Picture looks fantastic, but on the top 1/4 of the screen, the tape always jitters up & down, like it needs tracking. The remainder of the picture is fine. Screen is a 100" 4:3

The vcr has auto tracking so I can't adjust it. All tapes have the same problem.

Is this the vcr's fault? Or is it something because of the large screen size?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
check it with another tv

XANATOS

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
I used to run my VCR through a DVDO line doubler and had the same problem. If you search the forum, you'll find that you need a different VCR that has a more stable output. It's a trade name and I can't remember the name of the feature. Several manufacturers offer it. I ended up with a JVC and it fixed the problem. Apparently the unstable syncs from a standard VCR give the line-doubler fits.

Cary

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
There used to be some pretty inexpensive S-VHS JVC's with time-base correctors in them. Might be able to find a decent one on ebay.

I think you'll need a VCR with a TBC or an out-board TBC. I had the same problems capturing VHS on the computer until I got the JVC with TBC.

Good luck.

SC

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Hook your iScan to your computer monitor.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
The Iscan does not do well with jitter from a vcr. I have a JVC with a timebase corrector, no more problem.

Marc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.