AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per my other thread I'm back from VDC (Electrohome) at Cape Canaveral, and boy are they ever turning out the 85 and 9500's. Lots of new Gov. contracts. They set up my Ebay machine on the bench and ran it thu its paces and said they would not retube because they are performing like new tubes even though the Hr meter says 15,000 plus. Then they found that my brightness problem was due to low G2 levels, very low. Also they are running a check on the tube mfg dates to see if maybe it has been retubed lately. I was very pleased with their overall operation and frankness since we had agreed over the phone for $7800 including labor to retube. Looking around there will not be a shortage of parts for a long time. Interesting to see some of the flight simulator setups. Also the room where they finish setup on different screens. Many people working there. Some of our discussion centered around digital. But because of its shortcomings they were wondering if it was just increasing their work load. Will pickup thur and see how it goes. AL WARD near Orlando

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Shortcomings of digital?

No, I've never heard that before!

(Someone had to say it!..;-)

Curt

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
That is good news indeed, I always imagined VDC as a rinky-dink operation desperately hanging on to a commercially dying product. Glad to hear it's the exact opposite, long live the king:)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Alsez I also bought a 9501 from the same guy but I did it by mail. It has been three weeks since he acknoleged receiving payment and the projector still hasnt shipped. I have made at least $50 worth of long distance phone calls to him in this time. I decided to buy it after talking to an avs member(lost his name and number of course) who said it was a good deal. I just got off the phone with his wife(i think) and she said he was in the process of shipping it as we spoke and would call at 530. My patience is wearing thin. It seems that you were treated very fairly indeed by this seller and my phone conversations with him have been enjoyable for the most part but how much can/should a clammer take?

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
VDC a small company? Hardly, rebuilding CRT's is onyl a small division. They are a public company, and bought out Electrohome about 18 months ago.

(Tim, Terry and I put a bid in to buy them as well, but we were a bit short!)

Kidding!

Curt

·
Registered
722 Posts
No phone call. No email. No answering the phone. Flexible4you has 130 positive feedbacks. My mechanic has a sea plane sitting on a lake in his back yard. We can make jacksonville in 6- hrs from here. I still have hope but it is fading fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.