AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for non-flaming lovers of both PS3 and 360. I rented and beat Vegas on the 360 a while back and loved it! Made a committment to buying it when it went on sale, which it has at my Target for $39.99. Was about to get it when the sales kid who seemed quite knowledgeable thought I "might want to wait" for the PS3 release because it will be better in both gameplay and graphics. Thought he might have said something vaguely about some additions as well but not sure.

MLB2K7 is better on the 360, so is FEAR. Can anyone confirm that PS3 went all the way with Vegas? Even if it's just as good, I'll save the 20 bucks on the 360 since I've already rented it. But if it's better in any way I'll gladly wait and buy the PS3 version excitedly. Thanks to all opinions and knowledge.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Sony didnt have vegas being displayed today I dont think. He may have been talking about Graw2, which IGN says the ps3 got a few bonus using sixaxis support but nothing in the way of new material.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks Amon. Why is this, is it still a "created on the 360 platform thing"?

Motorstorm is the most graphically perfect game ever, and Resistance has it's own unique, creepy dark graphic style which I love as well.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I doubt you've played superrubadub or flow if you arent sold on the sixaxis yet. Its an awesome tool, someone just needs to create an awesome application for it in a real game. The sixaxis motion sensor in both of those games are about 92% perfect imo. The only beef I have with the sixaxis is that they set the defualt (spot where you're not moving) to be as if you have the controller sitting on something. Most people have the controller tilted upwards or even almost completely vertical when they play which would tell the ps3 that you're trying to go "down" with the sixaxis. If tehre were a way to set your own default starting point it woudl be 100% awesome.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* /forum/post/0

Sony didnt have vegas being displayed today I dont think. He may have been talking about Graw2, which IGN says the ps3 got a few bonus using sixaxis support but nothing in the way of new material.

No, they had Vegas and GRAW2. I'd drag the link up but at work I can't visit game sites.

Just go to http://ps3.ign.com and click on Sony gamers day special.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Well the Vegas single player is not overly long (Just right IMHO) but where it really shines is online. Given the size of the 360's online community VS the PS3's right now I would say its something to consider.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon37 /forum/post/0

According to what IGN reported at Sony Gamers Day. The game is exactly the same content wise and the some of the textures are still lacking on the PS3 version.

That sounds about right considering Ubisoft's track record. The PS3 version will have some extras though, like the map packs, included on the disc. But $39.99 for the 360 R6V seems like a no-brainer.

At least the PS3 GRAW2 is up to snuff with the 360 according to IGN.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsrockon /forum/post/0

Hey B11, what is the quality of the online experience vs. the cheaters in FEAR or the Kidiots in Gears? By the way, Vegas and FEAR are my two favorite FPS's.

I mainly play with people on my friend list. Those games I have no problems with because there are no cheaters and such. I do play some random games every once in a while. You'll run into a team of spawn campers or dudes that take advantage of glitches. Overall, I have many more good experiences than bad.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker George /forum/post/0

That sounds about right considering Ubisoft's track record. The PS3 version will have some extras though, like the map packs, included on the disc. But $39.99 for the 360 R6V seems like a no-brainer.

At least the PS3 GRAW2 is up to snuff with the 360 according to IGN.

I could care less about graw as it does not support split screen.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Both Rainbow 6 Vegas and GRAW look like solid ports to the PS3. I'll be getting both.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Ubisoft Montreal is handling the PS3 version of R6 Vegas (who handled the horribly done SC DA). Ubisoft Paris is handling the PS3 version of GRAW2. IGN said that GRAW2 looks and plays very similar to the 360 version, but R6 Vegas' textures look a little worse on the ps3 version (but it at least it runs quite smooth). theres still at least a month before it gets released though.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
R6V is a much higher profile game than the SC one and it's supposed to have good online play. If low rez textures in some parts of the game is Ubisoft's only crime, then they've done a good job on this one. As I wrote before, I'm going to be rewarding a quality job on the PS3 port with my money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.