AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got this buddy that place a buddy that works at this place that makes vehicle floor padding and he has 3 huge rolls of it at home he wonts to get ride of its very compact but about 1.5" thick he said its a sound proofing material to,could it be any benefit to put this inside wall cavities and between floor joist before insulation.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Interesting question. I can't help, but I am sure someone will be able to offer up some advice, if you can get some more info on the material. Perhaps what it is made of. Does it have any kind of label on it to give more clues. What about fire proofing properties?

Craig

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what he told me its made out of plastic bottles thats spade out then compressed into a long rolls at about 1.5" thick also told me that he put it into his room that his band practises in and it help out allot for soundproofing,it looks like some kind of fider wool.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I don't even understand the question.

Stew

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, let me see if i can explain it more. I know this guy that has 3 rolls i mean huge rolls bigger then my 1 ton work van of this stuff that he got from work he told me that they use it in the exclade (spelling) under the carpet for soundproofing and padding its about 1.5" thick very light and very spongy. he told me he used it for soundproofing his practise room for his band and it worked good.does anyone know if this would any good acoustic or soundproofing properties in a ht room. it would be great if it did since i can get it for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.