AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Currently I have the following speakers that i bought after an excellent advice from this forum:

Athena B1 (Front)

Athena C1 (center)

Athena S.5 (rears)

I have an old onkyo sunwoofer that i am in process on replacing and almost decided on BIC H-100 or HSU STF-2

Now my wife don't like this speakers even though they are not that big and want me to replace with satellite speakers (like bose
. Now from this forum I got good reviews on these 2 speakers so please post your feedback on these options:

Velodyne CHT Front row + BIC H-100 $199 + $239

Ventriloquist 6 speaker + STF-2 $564

Velodyne CHT Front row + STF-2 $199 + $346

Are these 2 set of speakers better than my current athena speakers or they are atleast equal to athena series and which of the above option is good to go or are there any other small speakers that can be considered (total speaker + sub

Thanks

--rubs

·
Registered
29,309 Posts
I doubt if they fill the room as well as your Athenas because the drivers are so small, especially on the Ventriloquist satellites with 2.5" drivers. I heard the system in a CompUSA a few years back but didn't have a bookshelf system to directly compare it with.

The Velodyne speaker is about the same size as your s.5 rears.

If they meet your wife's approval, I'd go with the Velodyne/STF-2 combo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.