AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how to improve the sound of my CHT-12r sub, i love it and all, but just wondering how others are tweaking theres, and if theres a magic crossover no. that will work out well for me?

I have the pioneer vsx-1016 reciever, and have the crossover set to 80hz, and my subwoofer set to Direct, which lets the reciever do the crossing over.

But one thing though, whats the high pass crossover dip switch for (has 2 options on the rear of the sub 80hz, and 100hz)???

And does anyone use the LFE-input of the sub, or just the normal left input to preout on reciever?

· Registered
1,930 Posts
I think the dip switch is for the speaker level connections

· Registered
8,702 Posts
I recommend using the normal line level out and setting the crossover to around 120hz rather then by passing it(direct). The high pass filter should be set to 100 if your receiver's is set to 80 hz, but it only offers a 6db slope. Using both your sub's low level cross and your receiver's and staggering them (which Velodyne often suggests as an option in some of their manuels) will make it steeper and help provide you with cleaner output. This will also reduce port noise on the most demanding audio tracks.

Ian

· Registered
8,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisi /forum/post/0

But how do i set the high pass crossover in the revciever, isnt it the low pass cross over which is set to 80hz on the reciever?

Yes. The high pass is only on your sub.

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.