Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do they sound? what are they like?

Is $179 for the CHT-8 a good price from Video Only in Tukwila, WA. I'm not sure if they are a seattle washington only dealer or not. i wanna know how the CHT-8 and 10 are.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ive had the velodyne cht-8 for about a year now and have no complaints. Ive got it in the corner of our living room/kitchen (its all open with high celings) and it cranks out enough bass to shake the house. Has excellent lows with no booming/drone of cheaper (ie KLH) subs. i was on tight budget when i bought it and havent found a need to replace it. If size wasnt a consideration i would have gone for the cht-10 however.

-j

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks James. How can an 8" tho put out such good bass? lol. :)

Now I wqonder how good the CHT-14 sat speakers are, those ones and the matching center. anyway that's another thread. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
When i was testing out subs before i bought the cht-8 i found that the cht-8 blew away the subs in the similar price range that were 10's, such as the polk and the jbl. For an 8 inch sub it really pounds out the bass.

Id really something bigger though, if i had the room :) (had to keep the wife happy as well)

Anyhow, i think you would be satified with any of the CHT line for the price.

-j

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
You think the CHT-8 pounds out the bass, then you should hear the 8" subwoofer that comes with the Deco system , its actually an SPL-800 in disguise. The Deco system is only $799 at circuit city.com right now and the subwoofer alone is worth the cost of the system. (The SPL-800 sells for $999 by itself at the Good Guys :) )

I am an x-bassaholic and I have heard and built alot of subwoofers and the Deco 8" subwoofer will beat the dog tar out of many 12" subwoofers on the market. Its got a 1200watt /600 watt RMS amp and a very long excursion 8" driver. This little sub is less than a cubic foot but it weights 38lbs., it has usable output down to 20hz while corner loaded in the small room I am using it in.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a Velodyne 1200. It is a 10" sub (why do they call it a 1200 ?) with the active driver facing out and a passive on the bottom.

It has a 100W amp and let me tell you ! It will just about run you out of the room if not adjusted correctly on the pressure level and x-over !! Keep in mind I have had this unit for over 6 years and I use it for music as well as HT. It never disappoints :)

If Velodyne still has the quality that this 1200 has, you will not be disappointed. Not sure if this makes a differance or not but this one was $799.00 when I bought it.

Velodyne's rock !

AcroFlyer:p

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How are the CHT-14 and 24 if people know? i have asked many times in a week here and other places and no one answers. no one even knows what im talking about it seems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.