AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased both of these subs from Audiogon, as I am upgrading the subs in both my bedroom system and my main theater. Neither has yet arrived. I am trying to decide which sub to use where. My bedroom is about 23x18x9, and the sub will match up with the KEF 9000 ACE speakers. The theater room is about 20x16x9, but the rear wall is open to the kitchen with only a counter separating the rooms, which adds another 16 feet of length. in addition, the side wall has a 5 foot opening to its right to two other rooms which are quite large. I am using the KEF XQ5s as the main speakers in a 7.1 system there, with the center and surrounds being high en Sonance custom in-ceiling speakers.

So, which sub should I use where? I think the supercube is probably more powerful and better suited to the main room, and certainly I would prefer to use the DD12 in my bedroom, but I also know that the set-up in the main room is going to be tougher given the odd room characteristics. Which implies I amy have an easier time there with the DD-12 since it has the EQ features.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Also interested in your audition.

I own both a Supercube I and a DD18 and use both in the main room. In my experience, contrary to DefTech's advertising, the SCI does not reproduce

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I am using the DD-12 in my bedroom system and it is FANTASTIC. The room EQ makes an enormous difference. The Supercube is good, but has not been fully installed yet -- I have an EQ as part of the system but it is not yet calibrated for my new speakers or sub. That all happens next week. On a preliminary basis however, the quality of the bass from the DD-12 seems richer, faster, more musical and less boomy. However, this may change when it is properly installed and EQ'd. However, I am watching for a great deal on a dd-15 or dd-18, as I am so impressed with its performance upstairs...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.