AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really appreciate some thoughts on both of these subs and which one to go with. I paid $109 for the Jamo and $237 for the Velo. Neither one is great, but I guess the Velo goes deeper; on the downside, the Velo sounds a tad more heavy handed when listening to music - even after running the EQ and trying the various presets. I know they're only 8-inch subs, but I need a sub with a small foot print and these are the two that I've ended up with.

Since I can still return the Velo, I'm thinking of saving my money and living with the Jamo until I can afford a much nicer sub. The other option is to spend the $237 on the Velo and live with THAT one, until I can afford a nicer sub. However, since they're both 8 inch subs, there isn't much of a difference, so I don't know if it's smart to spend $200+ to "upgrade" from the Jamo to the Velo if I'm just going to upgrade later...

I would REALLY appreciate opinions on these two units and some advice on which one to go with.

Many, many thanks,

John

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I would get rid of both of those subs. You can't expect much from an 8'' sub. I don't even consider any sub with an 8'' driver a subwoofer. You could get a Bic-F12 for $200. It's not that big and it will perform much better then those other subwoofers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts