AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was all set today to purchase direct the Outlaw LFM-1 EX but Outlaw would not extend the free shipping offer beyond 15 Feb. I may still buy the LMF-1 EX but in the meantime I found an open box Velodyne DEQ-15R for $25 less than the net cost of the LMF-1. The only other subs in prior consideration were the eD A3-300 and the HSU VTF-3 MK3. The LM1-1 EX and VTF-3 are essentially the same but I preferred the down fire aspect of the LM1- EX.

Sub will be used as a single in a rather large space (shared great room and kitchen), 80/20 use (Movies/Music).

I do have a somewhat limited, desired footprint, 20x20x20 ideal, but could up to 24 inches in depth. The DEQ-15R has the "best" footprint.

Having not researched the DEQ-15R, my only question is if, overall, the DEQ-15R is a better bang for the buck sub than the LM1-EX/VTF-3?

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
 Here's a review of the Velodyne sub. It seems your getting a pretty good deal on one. I think either would be a good sub, although the LFM would have deeper bass, rolling off at least 10 hertz below where the Velodyne sub drops off. If you want deep bass, go with the LFM, if you aren't concerned about bass below 29 hertz, get the Velodyne.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ /forum/post/18158535

Here's a review of the Velodyne sub. It seems your getting a pretty good deal on one. I think either would be a good sub, although the LFM would have deeper bass, rolling off at least 10 hertz below where the Velodyne sub drops off. If you want deep bass, go with the LFM, if you aren't concerned about bass below 29 hertz, get the Velodyne.

Thanks for the link. I agree the DEQ-15R seems to be a very good deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.