AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the better dang for $. Can get a DSP-12B for 299.99

or a DLS-3750 for 399.99. The Question is should i stay with Energy like the rest of my system

·
Registered
4,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonQuick /forum/post/15455142

What is the better dang for $. Can get a DSP-12B for 299.99

or a DLS-3750 for 399.99. The Question is should i stay with Energy like the rest of my system

The DSP12B is your best bet, the DSP12B is equivalent to the DLS-4000R in performance but is missing the self calibration feature.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I had a 4000R and, if the 12b is like that one, then I don't recommend it. I thought it sounded boomy. It didn't go very low, either.

I think I spent $250 on the 4000R used, and I think it was too much for what I got.

For $400, I think you might be better off looking at an ED. The A2-300 gets a lot of good press around here. I haven't demoed them side by side, but it should have far better low extension based on what I know about the 4000R and what I have read about the A2-300.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
the problem is I think he's in Canada, and looking at Canadian prices. To get a eD (if it is even possible) will cost a lot more than $299 CAD, probably close to double that after all is said and done.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wouldn't get the Velodyne if you want it to go low. If your watching movies and certain types of music with low bass the Velodyne comes up short. I thought I wanted a Velodyne 12 (MSRP was over $1200 forgot the model #) until I heard it and compared it to an Energy S12.3 and a few others. I picked up the Energy S12.3 for $600 and it is more sub than I really need to shake the whole house.

I would recommend the Energy simply for the fact the DSP-12B is a discontinued model with digital presents. You may find other subs better than the Energy, but I have been very happy with the two Energy subs that I have owned, the first one was a 10 and now the 12.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just do not know if the $ diff is worth it but i am leading toward the energy. I have the velodyne 12 in the room may take back and try the energy 10. Just what should i try the C or V.

Thanks for every ones help

·
Registered
115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonQuick /forum/post/15468616

I just do not know if the $ diff is worth it but i am leading toward the energy. I have the velodyne 12 in the room may take back and try the energy 10. Just what should i try the C or V.

Thanks for every ones help

Depends on the money and what your sound preference is. The MSRP between the EWS-C and EWS-V are huge. I would try the one in your price range and keep the other one so you could see how they both sound in your place. Then take back the one you didn't like. If possible try them at the store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts