AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i am thinking about picking up a used Velodyne F-1500 servo sub. The seller says that it needs a new amp. What would be a good replacement choice? Would a PE amp work or a BASH?

Thank you

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
I like the plate amps from Elemental Designs or O-audio.

PE amps (Dayton series) do not meaure well in independant tests.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i found out a bit more info. The seller said that the amp powers up and has a green light but no sound. Also told me that the driver was refoamed a few years back. Im thinking i am going to pass on this.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Velodyne can still perform repairs on the amp only. Unfortunately, the driver is probably where the problem lies and Velodyne completely abandoned any support for their early drivers that were made in house. Since this one has the accelerometer built into the driver it's even more complex. For a company to abandon support on it's products that got them where they are today and cost a considerable amount of money for thousands of people like me makes it unlikely that I would ever consider buying one of their products again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.