AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of purchasing this sub from another very friendly AVS member, I'm assuming the price is a fair price ($425.00) I dont know much about this sub except this is one of Velodynes servo offerings, is this a good sub? how is the low frequency response, this is not the FSR model with the remote and I was also curious about how much power the amp produces and reliability and so on, any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I own an F1500R (I think it's basically the same sub but includes the remote). I inherited it from my stepfather. I asked Curt from Velodyne about it, here is the post and his response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidmaven

I just inherited a Velodyne sub model #SF15VBR10. From what I can gather it's a 15" servo contolled sub with it's own remote that powers the unit on and off, controls the volume and mutes and has a button in between the volume buttons that I'm not quite sure what it does yet.

I searched Velodyne's website but I can't find any info on this model. The sub was made in '96 but was barely used at all (IT LOOKS BRAND NEW!). I'm hoping someone on here may have some more info for me or direct me to somewhere where I can find the info. Thanks.

Hi,

What you have, appears to be a F-1500R. It is servo, with 250 watts and F/R 18-120hz. As with all the F-series, they were designed for accuracy rather than high output, so be careful with H/T in a large room or open area. Use a 'Y' splitter into both inputs and keep the sub's volume below half way. If more volume is needed raise the subwoofer jack's volume control in the receiver. The volume on the remote will take it up or down about 6db from the setting on the rear of the sub. The middle button will default (volume) back to the sub's setting. If you need more info call me Tuesday.

Thanks,

Curt (928) 858-4430 or [email protected]

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I believe my Stepfather paid about $1,800 for it back in '96. $425 sounds like a fair price for a very nice 15" servo controlled sub.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks very much I appreciate the response, how do you like the sub? can you describe the low frequency resonse? hopefully it will work out for me it will be in a corner so it will be corner loaded

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funlvr1965 /forum/post/14349708

thanks very much I appreciate the response, how do you like the sub? can you describe the low frequency resonse? hopefully it will work out for me it will be in a corner so it will be corner loaded

I was using it for the last year in my dedicated HT 18'L x 15'W x 7.5'H along with an SVS 16-46CS. Plenty of boom for the room. I never tested the FR but it would hit pretty low (-20Hz). I have since moved it into my gaming area (replacing a Velo 12/15x) and replaced it with dual MFW15s (don't ask why, I don't really know myself except I'm kind of a basshead and wanted to check out the new "best bang for your buck" sub
).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts