1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
986 Posts
They only layed off 3 people but all 3 are very good at what they do and will find new employment quickly. The reps they fired are the ones really hurt, many companies will have to make changes to adjust to the loss of income Velodyne's decision has caused. Honestly I don't see consumers buying their product without dealers pushing them and I don't see why direct dealers will continue to support them.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Sadly, I have found there is no advantage in buying from retail dealers. Its more expensive and once the sale is made, its difficult to get good service. I've found it more convenient to deal directly with the manufacturer.

·
Registered
12,097 Posts
Ultimately I think this is the right move (obviously not for the folks that were let go, and I hope those folks find jobs in this difficult climate).

The rise of ID speaker and subwoofer companies has had to have put tremendous pressure on Velodyne. It allows them to not have middleman markup, and as the above posted mentioned, they can better manage customer service and issues.

Velodyne has always made a quality product IMHO, but the prices were high for performance, and there are so many other competitive ID companies that offer more performance for less money. And in this economy, price is a major factor.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagorep /forum/post/20773896

They only layed off 3 people but all 3 are very good at what they do and will find new employment quickly. The reps they fired are the ones really hurt, many companies will have to make changes to adjust to the loss of income Velodyne's decision has caused. Honestly I don't see consumers buying their product without dealers pushing them and I don't see why direct dealers will continue to support them.

I see large price drops coming in the future on Velodyne products

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.