8,706 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
their prices look the same as the full retail price

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Update in the article: Here is an informal statement from a Velodyne spokesman regarding the change:

"Velodyne is still maintaining its relationships with dealers, retailers and distributors. The only thing going away is independent sales reps. Dealers and resellers will still have access to dealer pricing and will be able to receive that pricing via the web upon checkout. A big part of this change is to make purchasing Velodyne products easier for all customers."

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse /forum/post/20774045

Update in the article: Here is an informal statement from a Velodyne spokesman regarding the change:
"Velodyne is still maintaining its relationships with dealers, retailers and distributors. The only thing going away is independent sales reps. Dealers and resellers will still have access to dealer pricing and will be able to receive that pricing via the web upon checkout. A big part of this change is to make purchasing Velodyne products easier for all customers."

That doesn't sound like Internet Direct as we know it. In fact, independent sales reps are SOL, so why would they sell directly to end users?

I think that one would stand a better chance to get a deal on those lines and models from a B&M dealer than paying full MSRP to Velodyne directly. All they are offering to on-line buyers is free shipping.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
I think Velodyne stepped away from the independents because their lunch was being eaten by Pinnacle/Bag End and some of the other "we are known for subwoofers, but here are our full range offerings".

·
Banned
3,811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfromcanada /forum/post/20795017

they appear very confused

i think the ID market has had them dumbfounded for years now, wouldn't be surprised to see them go out of business soon enough

Well their Price vs Performance compared to true I.D. companies is definitely not there. I've heard the DD series and as good as they are, they are definitely not worth the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
There seems to be confusion about the term independent sales reps. These are not dealers, but rather marketing companies that covered a region of the country as a go between the dealers and the manufacturer. These marketing companies were what was let go. All of Velodyne's dealers are now able to purchase direct instead of through these third party companies.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
As Rob explained it, Velodyne has not become an ID company. The Audioholics article misinterpreted what Velodyne said. They are still selling through their B&M dealers. They have allowed customers to order direct from Velodyne, as well (since some customers may not have access to a local dealer).

ID companies sell direct to end users only.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Wiebe /forum/post/20798588

As Rob explained it, Velodyne has not become an ID company. The Audioholics article misinterpreted what Velodyne said. They are still selling through their B&M dealers. They have allowed customers to order direct from Velodyne, as well (since some customers may not have access to a local dealer).

ID companies sell direct to end users only.

I'm shocked, AH got it wrong?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse /forum/post/20797623

There seems to be confusion about the term independent sales reps. These are not dealers, but rather marketing companies that covered a region of the company as a go between the dealers and the manufacturer. These marketing companies were what was let go. All of Velodyne's dealers are now able to purchase direct instead of through these third party companies.

Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.