AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidandrewway /forum/post/0

vt 12 is ok for HT compared to SVS? The SVS package is $800 vs the HSU at $550.

The SVS package are bookshelves vs. satelites, consequently they will sound better. Also, the entry level SVS sub is arguably (depending on what you are looking for) a notch above the entry level Hsu sub. As you get into the Hsu VTF 2.3, 3.3 and HO, the competitive lines blur with the various SVS subs with Hsu exceeding SVS in the median price points (again arguably). Long story short...it's apples and oranges...the $250 does pay for more value.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidandrewway /forum/post/0

Is there a comparable package to the SVS at that price point? The sale seems to give it the best buy under $1000 atm.

The x-series at ********** are a step up for music and for more money, the finishes are astounding. The sub is a great entry level sub, not in the same class as the PB10.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORIAMBILL /forum/post/0

how'd you come up with that?

On the Performance 1 or 2 package (maybe 3 but there's no price showing now) the sub + VT-12 is $100 less than the separate prices. Oddly enough, the Performance 1 is $50 more now than when I bought it a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man I wish the HSU sub was closer to the SVS b/c the price is so much less. I am just getting this system for PC and 360 gaming mostly so I didn't want to spend too much but I know that I am a BASShead lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.