AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
"Factor in a street price of around $650-700"

There was a $699 price being thrown around, which I thought was MSRP so we could get $550-$600 street. I hope Audioholics got that wrong.

·
Registered
793 Posts
What is this "alas" crap to start the article? Sounds like the guy is mad that the Velo digital technology is now available to guys who don't have two grand or more to spend on a sub. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
...still no official price...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I think it may simply be a case of poor English, where the author thought that "alas" meant something different. This happens a lot when people determine what a word means based on the context of how they've heard other people use it.

After all, look at what Alanis Morissette did with the word "ironic".

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
$699 msrp...$599 map?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Ok guys here is the official price from Bruce Hall himself $699 MSRP $599 street (est) also there are some other goodies coming out, a setup to be able to EQ multiple points with multiple mic's est street price is $500 including 5 mic's. Also they are coming out with a KILLER!! in wall sub with a driver that looks like something out of starwars est street price for amp and two subs with wall plates $3000. I will post some pic's later. Bruce is a stand up guy and knows his BASS. :D

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
As stated in another thread $899....no thanks!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozakk
As stated in another thread $899....no thanks!!!

Why should I have expected a value priced EQ...from them?!?!?!?
SVS has your value priced EQ.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn
a setup to be able to EQ multiple points with multiple mic's est street price is $500 including 5 mic's
Why would it need 5 mics, you just have to move the mic and do five sweeps. Seems like a waste to pay for five mics just to save a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow 8
SVS has your value priced EQ.

:rolleyes:
-Censored-

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Having a laptop, wouldn't the BFD with it's 1/6 octave eq be better?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn
Ok guys here is the official price from Bruce Hall himself $699 MSRP $599 street
What he said...that is the set pricing and it hasn't changed in a while. Sorry if there is any continued confusion.

BTW - great to finally meet you Kjohn!

Bruce

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
And Thank you after meeting you and seeing what you are trying to do I'll be your spokes person because you are truly a nice guy. Velodyne has sold me or was it Bruce. :D

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm glad you guys can buy laptops and do complicated tedious room measurements (by the way I work for a living) I'll just buy the the SMS-1 and enjoy the inprovement. MAN!!!!!!!!! its hard to make a living these days. Bruce like I said you at least sold one to old KJ. :D

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Quote:
Why would it need 5 mics, you just have to move the mic and do five sweeps. Seems like a waste to pay for five mics just to save a few minutes.
Time/phase/decay/delay?

·
Premium Member
24,716 Posts
I forget where I saw it recently, but is the resolution of the SMS-1 really only 1/6 octave?

I've always read that you need at least 1/12 for nailing room modes.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
wait 'till you play with it, it nails 'em quite well.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Sm
Time/phase/decay/delay?
It shouldn't matter if the measurements are simultaneous or not.

Mic arrays make sense if you're trying to do something like preserve the distance and position of mics (like simulating a head), but that wouldn't be the case for dealing with room modes.

I'm not trying to be argumentative - I'm just stumped as to why five microphones makes sense for this application.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.