AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup, the Velodyne SPL-523 Center Stage 5 speaker set for $249 shipped (obviously no sub). I am wondering how good these are. Web research comes up with basically nothing. Anyone know or heard about this speakers set. I would probably be using for HT and some music, powered by a cheap JVC amp. These are really more htan I should be spending, but since they retail for $1200, I'm figuring I might be better off just spending the extra dough and look at it as an investment.

your comments are highly appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
The sub was the highlight of the speaker set. Many were buying the entire 5.1 set on discount, just to get the sub. If you can, try to listen to these before buying. Otherwise, you are just gambling with your $249.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There's also the CHTSWV for $159 shipped.

I currently have a pair of paradigm atoms for the system where I would use this. I'm thinking of getting 3 more atoms for a matched system, or buying 3 titans and using the atoms as rears.

How would the CHTSWV compare?

The price would be about the same since I might add a sub with the velodyne, but the paradigms would not need a sub, at least not in my NYC apartment.

non-link to the sale is www velodyne com /velodyne/products/ob_products.aspx?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, based on my cheap budget as a college student, and online review, and some info over at FW, I think I will end up going with the CHTSWV for $159 shipped. I know it's a gamble, but I don't think that there is much I could get for $159, and I need at least a new center speaker anyways because the cheap Celestion speakers I have now are just not cutting it at all, and even just a step up would be great.

sucks being poor, but I think I'd rather save some dough for a decent sub since I am in a house that appreciates vibrating walls.

I appreciate your replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.