AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My faithful ADS Sub10 finally died. Too bad. It was a great sub.

But I am space limited, and have a 17.5" height limit, so I need a good compact sub in the $800-1000 range (the HSU, Outlaw, and several other popular subs are simply too tall).

I was thinking of one of these three, and looking for any experience, comments, or other recommendations.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zon74
My faithful ADS Sub10 finally died. Too bad. It was a great sub.

But I am space limited, and have a 17.5" height limit, so I need a good compact sub in the $800-1000 range (the HSU, Outlaw, and several other popular subs are simply too tall).

I was thinking of one of these three, and looking for any experience, comments, or other recommendations.

Thanks for the help.
I don't have any experience with the other 2 subs, but I used to have a Velodyne SPL1200 (the original version) and it was a great sub, especially for the size. Supposedly, the series II is upgraded, so I would assume it would perform even better. If size and performance are your criteria, I don't think anyone does it better than Velodyne.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yep, I liked the SPL2 as well. Or can you tip one of those HSU cylinders on its side? I think they are 12 inches in diameter.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would advise listening to a Definitive Supercube II before you buy one. I was impressed with the power of the bass, but the extension left much to be desired. I had them play LOTR Balrog scene, and there was quite a bit of the lower information I wasn't hearing.

Good luck.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The SPLII's are on clearance right now. You should be able to get a screaming deal if there any left out there.

I got the 12 and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A couple of Velodyne authorized internet dealers (linked right from the Velodyne website) are selling them for $749, now that the new "R" versions are out. No grey market, but rather authorized dealers with full factory warranty.

The 12" can be had for $899, and the 8" for $599.

At those prices, I think they are the best choice, and I ordered my Cherry SPL1000 II tonight. Should arrive FedEx on Friday.

It's a pretty small room, so the 10" should work fine and will fit perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.