AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a great sub under $1000 and I believe these are my choices.

Velodyne has so many different lines that it is confusing, but I do not like the extra modes such as music, movies, etc... that the DPS and DLS have.

I looked at the HSU VTF-3 which appears to be a great sub, but I like the look of the SVS and Velodyne much better (for the room location).

I also really like the SVS PB12-ISD/2 but the SVS models are also confusing. The PB12-ISD/2 and the PB12-Plus are the same price.

I know the weight does not matter after being placed, but the Velodyne is 57 lbs compared to over 120lbs for the SVS offerings.

Any suggestions or insights into the Velodyne or SVS subs? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Listening is the key. How big is your room, how loud do you play and what do you play? These are beginning questions before you can begin to make a decision.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either of these subs would work for my room size - I am just looking for information/recommendations or differences between the two. I can not listen to the SVS sub.

I want to use the sub for about 80% movies and 20% music. Ideally I want it to work great for both (obviously).

Thanks!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Well you sure can listen to the SVS for 45 days if you are willing to pay shipping both ways. The Velo is a sealed sub while the SVS is ported. They are both great subs, but the most important factor is placement and calibration. If the Velo will not play as loud as you want, I am confident that the SVS will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.