AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Futureshop has some nice sales on right now on velodyne subs.

My budget for adding another sub is right at 500 bucks. I'm Canadian and live nowhere near Ontario or vancouver so my choices are limited.

Anyways I have a room that's about 2600 cu ft acoustically treated and I currently have a polk audio psw 125 that I bought when I lived in an apartment. Needless to say it doesn't pack enough punch in my dedicated theater room.. I am looking to add another sub along side it.

I could get the velodyne dls 4000r for 399 or the dls 5000r for 599... Which should I be looking at or should I consider something else? The psw 505 is priced at 448 right now as well.

I know that I can get bigger bang for the buck but when I factor in shipping to Canada and customs it almost doubles the price for me on importing a sub.

Thanks for the help in advance...

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritesh /forum/post/20897887

Futureshop has some nice sales on right now on velodyne subs.

My budget for adding another sub is right at 500 bucks. I'm Canadian and live nowhere near Ontario or vancouver so my choices are limited.

Anyways I have a room that's about 2600 cu ft acoustically treated and I currently have a polk audio psw 125 that I bought when I lived in an apartment. Needless to say it doesn't pack enough punch in my dedicated theater room.. I am looking to add another sub along side it.

I could get the velodyne dls 4000r for 399 or the dls 5000r for 599... Which should I be looking at or should I consider something else? The psw 505 is priced at 448 right now as well.

I know that I can get bigger bang for the buck but when I factor in shipping to Canada and customs it almost doubles the price for me on importing a sub.

Thanks for the help in advance...

Get the DLS-R 5000. It tested well, other than the fact that it can't really do justice to 20 Hz material, but sound quality was good and it can play pretty loud.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. The other option is that I was quoted 389 for a klipsch sw 112 which would complement my klipsch speakers aesthically and at that price I would almost be willing to get two and sell my current polk subwoofer.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritesh /forum/post/20898357

Thanks for the input. The other option is that I was quoted 389 for a klipsch sw 112 which would complement my klipsch speakers aesthically and at that price I would almost be willing to get two and sell my current polk subwoofer.

How about the SVS PC-12 NSD? It will easily outperform the Klipsch with good response to 20 Hz, which you won't get with 2 SW112.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritesh /forum/post/0

I could look into that but I wonder what the shipping costs will be. I will check it out. Thanks.

Sonicboomaudio is the canadian distributor for svs give them call.

Future Shop is adding another 20% off the velo subs over the weekend. Look at their labor day deals. The 15" should be 480$ + tx

I had the 15" and it was great. Though my SVS pb12 is better.

At 480$ its a no brainer pickup the 15". With free shipping too. If u dont like it return it no questions asked

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.