AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12" Velodyne subwoofer (it's about 10 years old). It has four speaker wire connections and two RCA jacks.

I'm trying to figure out how to connect my receiver's single RCA Subwoofer out jack to the dual RCA in jacks on the Velodyne. I wonder if I should get a Y adapter to split the mono into both the jacks on the Velodyne...or just plug into the "right channel" input on the subwoofer. I've lost the manual and cannot remember what those four speak wire connections were supposed to do (probably there's a crossover inside and the Velodyne sucked out the bass and then passed on the treble to outboard stereo speakers or something. :confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

I have the HGS18 and I'm using Monsters Y splitter to plug into

both imputs.

However, I'm sure you can get away with using only one cable into

one imput. Try the left as that is usually the mono imput standard.

Regards

Helier

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have a Velo HGS as well. I've been using a Y connector since I purchased the Velo (a few years ago), because I read at the time that using a Y connector boosts the signal to noise ratio. Also, the dealer who originally sold me the Velo recommended using a Y with it. Don't know if a Y is really better, but I do know lots of people say to use it on a Velo HGS.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Either way will work fine, but if you use a Y adaptor, you get a 6db gain.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is the model VA1012, made in 1989. I appreciate all the answers...now I can put my mind at rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.