AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Did you enable the sub in your receiver set-up? Are your mains set to "small"?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I listened to a VRP-1200 at my local C.C. shop, and had the same experience. I ordered one anyway from an online retailer, and it works great!

Do as billybob suggested, and check your set-up. Also try using a y-splitter cable, using both the L and R lfe RCA connectors. You could even try using the speaker line level input/outputs on the back of your sub.

Just a few suggestions... Good luck, I hope you get it working for you, you'll love the sub when you do!

You should post in the velodyne support thread, too!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Are all speakers set to small? They should be and if they aren't the sub won't get much signal.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Did you balance out your speakers properly using the set up procedure on your receiver?

Once that is done set the line level output to 0 and the crossover all the way up. Then bring the gain control on the sub up till it matches the level of your mains. It is a lot easier to do this from your seated position using an SPL meter. (You can buy one at Radio Shack.)

Once you have checked all your set up procedures and you are sure they are correct, if you still have a problem contact Curt C. on the Velodyne support thread. I also recommend a Y connecter for the VRP series. Good luck.

Ian

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
look at this...

http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/sup...x?sid=604t442v

when i tried one out, i only used a single line level input like i normally would, and i thought it played very low too. then, i read that on the Velodyne website, so i picked up a y-cable for $3.99 at Radio Shack. after i hooked it up using the y-cable, it sounded much better, almost like night and day. if you don't feel like buying a y-cable yourself, they will actually mail you one for free, if you follow the instructions on that link...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.