Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

sorry for my English who is translated by Systran.

could you give me the flow of the ventilator of the panasonic ptae100? thank you for your assistance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everybody,

We both, with vulbas, got a Pany AE100. And we are actually looking for a solution to replace the current fan with one more quiet. Like the PAPST 612NML (i'm not sure of the reference).

Does someone has ever tried to open the Pany and check it out ? Do you have an idea of what parameters have to be taken in account to choose the new fan ?

And, as vulbas' just said, do you know what are the properties of the fan inside the Pany ?

Thanks for any idea or answer.

Lord

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Nobody has done this. I find the fan more than acceptable in noise output (in eco mode) and I sit 2 feet away from it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There isn't a fan in the AE-100 - there are 3 !!

The "main" fan (bulb cooling fan) is a standard 80x80x25 12volt PC type fan. It is connected to the main PCB with a 3 pin plug, so it has speed monitoring.

This fan is easily changed with a standard PC fan (Papst would be a good choice).

The second fan is a standard 80x80x10 12 volt unit. This draws in air through the front panel (just overhead the Panasonic logo) & passes it over the PSU PCB & heatsinks.

Again this is easily changed if required.

The third fan, & by far the loudest on my unit, is just inside the air filter intake. I haven't removed this one yet, so I can't give much information on it. However, it is not a standard PC type fan, having a very different impellor configuration.

This fan cools the LCD panels & prism/mirror assemblies.

As you'll no doubt deduce from this post, I have had my AE-100 in pieces:D

I'm an engineer with Siemens, so well qualified to undertake such exploratory work.

I'm pretty happy with my knowledge of this unit now, & would say that this is a very basic simple unit. Apart from the LCD panels, there is nothing in there to warrant very high prices.

Also, to clarify something asked on another thread, there is no "hidden" serial port inside the unit.

I'll take some time some day & write a full technical report on this unit. If I have it down from it's ceiling mounted position I'll probably take some pics & post them also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi thxex,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience of PT AE100 surgery ;)

I hope you will manage to make some picture of the inside of the Pany. vulbas did some, I'll try to make a link.

Did you open the pany just for your own knowledge or did you plan to work on the "fan noise" issue ?

Anyway, I hope we will here from you and from the third fan soon.

Take care

Lord

nb:
Quote:
I find the fan more than acceptable in noise output (in eco mode) and I sit 2 feet away from it.
The pany is 2 feet (around 65cm) right above my head. And when it a quiet movie (most of the time a French one ;) ), I find the fan very loud.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
That one by the ait filter looks like a cage fan, or something named close to that. I have exhuast fans that look like that, they are supposed to move lots of air while being quiter reletive to another fan that moves the same amount of air. Would probably be tough to find a replacement.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
thxex---

Thanks for the info. Any recommendations you have for "improvements" to the unit, now that you've seen it??

·
Registered
5 Posts
up ;)

·
Registered
581 Posts
I wanted to bump this, caught my interest. I wouldn't mind changing out a couple of fans if it would help with noise. Thxex, you still there??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Up :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just turn the volume up a little and listen to the movie...not the pj! :)

I find it very quiet as well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I also find it very quiet for an LCD projector, but it sure would be nice if it was quieter...

I guess my question is how much quieter can a fan get and still be effective at moving the needed air for ventilation?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.