AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am going to put my new panasonic vt25 58" flush mounted in my wall. I know the back panel releases a lot of heat. So I would like to know how much of a gap should I leave around the outside of the Panny. I was planning on leaving 1-2 inches. Would this be sufficient enough to release the heat?

I built the area of the wall out 12 inches so that I can flush mount the TV.

Here a few pics to give you an idea of what i am trying to achieve.

Picture 1-start of rough in that will all be changed for the new tv

Picture 2-primed

Picture 3-this is what it looks like now I put the CRT in the wall as far as i could. Hoping one day I will get my Plasma.

The center channel is flush mounted just like the tv will be.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federal /forum/post/19518255

Hi! I am going to put my new panasonic vt25 58" flush mounted in my wall. I know the back panel releases a lot of heat.

Virtually all of the heat is along the top of a Panasonic plasma, there is virtually none along the sides. My 46G10 has been on now for about 4 hours and the sides and back panel are cooler than room temperature. The only heat i feel is along the top of the rear cabinet near the vents and fans, and it's not even hot - i can literally lay my wrist and underside of my forearm (white tender skin) on the metal here and it's not even uncomfortable or hot.

Quote:
So I would like to know how much of a gap should I leave around the outside of the Panny. I was planning on leaving 1-2 inches. Would this be sufficient enough to release the heat?

The manual says to leave about 4 inches of space above the TV, but i would be plenty comfortable with 2 inches on top and around the sides. I honestly don't think this is an issue. If there's a way to put air vents in the top of that nook to help the warm air escape that would help keep the TV cooler and also keep the room cooler since the warm air would go up the vents instead of out into the room. You could maybe even run flexible ducting upwards and rig some sort of fan system above the nook to suck the air out.

And if that were my nook, i'd definitely bolt and articulating arm mount to the back of that nook so i could tuck the TV back into it when not in use, and pull it outward so it's nice and flush with the wall, or pull it all the way out to bring it closer and give it that cool "hovering in mid air" look while watching movies in the dark. And you could turn it to face other parts of that room if you ever need it to. Also makes getting at the rear jack pack a lot easier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/0

Virtually all of the heat is along the top of a Panasonic plasma, there is virtually none along the sides. My 46G10 has been on now for about 4 hours and the sides and back panel are cooler than room temperature. The only heat i feel is along the top of the rear cabinet near the vents and fans, and it's not even hot - i can literally lay my wrist and underside of my forearm (white tender skin) on the metal here and it's not even uncomfortable or hot.

The manual says to leave about 4 inches of space above the TV, but i would be plenty comfortable with 2 inches on top and around the sides. I honestly don't think this is an issue. If there's a way to put air vents in the top of that nook to help the warm air escape that would help keep the TV cooler and also keep the room cooler since the warm air would go up the vents instead of out into the room. You could maybe even run flexible ducting upwards and rig some sort of fan system above the nook to suck the air out.

And if that were my nook, i'd definitely bolt and articulating arm mount to the back of that nook so i could tuck the TV back into it when not in use, and pull it outward so it's nice and flush with the wall, or pull it all the way out to bring it closer and give it that cool "hovering in mid air" look while watching movies in the dark. And you could turn it to face other parts of that room if you ever need it to. Also makes getting at the rear jack pack a lot easier.

Thx Randy that's exactly what I was thinking. I bought the sanus xf228 full motion rack(what a beast). Sry it took so long to respond. I may install a side vent with a fan to pull the hot air out and into the room. So far it's not to hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts